• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MTSU Students to vote on carrying guns on campus

TEX1N

imported post

MTSU Students to vote on carrying guns on campus

http://www.news2wkrn.com/newsextra/?p=93

Members of the Student Government Association of MTSU will vote on a proposal today to allow students to carry guns on campus although state law forbids guns on campus.

Mathew Hurtt wants to protect students’ constitutional rights and wants students to be able to protect themselves by allowing them to carry guns on campus.

“The constitution says it’s the right of the people to bear arms,” Hurtt said. “It shall not be infringed. It doesn’t say except on college campuses. There are no exceptions. People assume it’s going to be like the ‘wild wild west’ if we allow guns, that’s just not the case."
Make sure to vote on the poll midway down the page. There is also a section for comment.

TrueBrit

imported post

Yeah, 94% at this time, I just went and did my bit!;)

This whole concept of colleges and universities remaining as Victim Disarmament Zones seems to be meeting with a certain amount of robust opposition, no?

About time!

TrueBrit