Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to DC!!

Post imported post

Ok guys, Ineed some help. I will be going to DC next weekend and well I can't take my firearm. So does anyone know DC laws about having a pocket knife or some OC spray? Any advice or info will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't have any info.

Perhaps a check of the City Ordinances if they are on-line. Maybe the police website has something useful. Reliability will depend on whether they cite the Code.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

CCW.... Don't ask, Don't Tell. Make sure you have large caliber or .357M.The District is dangerous- especiallyat night and weekends"Tis' better to be judged by twelve than be carried by 6."

Post imported post

if your scared to go out in Dc then take peper spray just incase. In DC you have to register mace but u can say i didnt know that and I am from virginia. Police would work with you. If you carry gun its going to be a big case. So leave the gun at home

Post imported post

If you carry a gun or pepper spray... you can get a ticket.

I am not sure why pepper spray would even need to be registered. It really does appear to me that DC actually wants to make fighting off criminals harder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

Laws on Pepper Spray in the United States of America differ between states.

• Washington, D.C., possession of pepper spray must be registered with the DC Metropolitan Police.

Post imported post

I once was told that you can carry a flaregun in DC....haha:shock:

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    If you carry a gun or pepper spray... you can get a ticket.

I am not sure why pepper spray would even need to be registered. It really does appear to me that DC actually wants to make fighting off criminals harder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

Laws on Pepper Spray in the United States of America differ between states.
    • Washington, D.C., possession of pepper spray must be registered with the DC Metropolitan Police.
    Sheesh. What a bunch of idiots in DC...and the citizens continue to vote those same morons into office that vote in these stupid ordnances that don't do sh!t to actually help the city be any safer. It's no wonder I never go into DC anymore. In fact, the last several times I've had the chance to go into DC I have refused because I will not go into a city that chooses to disarm me and remove my ability to defend myself.

This type of thing really makes me want to vomit!

Post imported post

Well I'm not going to carry a firearm into DC. I can't believe if I take pepper spray that I would have to register it with the police. Thanks for the info guys!! Everyone have a great weekend.

Post imported post

You're good to carry a folding pocket knife of less than 3" from what I've read.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

black leather trenchcoat with a steyr aug and several 30 round mags? :celebrate

but then you'd have to accessorize with the right sunglasses.

decisions, decisions.

p.s. it's insane that you have to register OC with D.C. police. Might as well carry asmall spray bottle of habanero chili sauce or a bag of finely crushed hot red pepper on your person.

Post imported post

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Post imported post

The district does NOT want you to PROTECT yourself in anyway, if you are forced to they will charge you with whatever Crime they can drum up and even some they can't, may as well just go to CHINA...
    So sad but true.

Perhaps DC is concerned that it would take away from the local thug economy if tourists (or anyone else) are allowed to defend themselves.

Post imported post

In a way, we shouldn't be surprised that DC is so bizarre. When any political entity is run for many years by a left-wing political machine, its bound to become terribly corrupt. One group of thugs owns the streets, and another group of thugs runs the government, with the honest citizens caught in between. Sickening.

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

State Researcher

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    bug spray works just as good as mace/pepper spray
    Cite? I would be concerned that this could cause injury to the receiver. Does it matter to you? Probably not, but you could probably get sued/charged for it.. Doesn't hornet/wasp spray effect the nerves? It IS labeled as a poison if I'm not mistaken, so wouldn't you be essentially poisoning someone? This is a REALLY bad suggestion the way you worded it.

Something like thissounds like it would work and not have any long-term side effects, but something like Raid or Ortho has a potential to cause cancer and, and other severe complications..

http://www.getipm.com/articles/letters/raid-ortho.htm

Anyway, as far as the original question, I would suggest a classic CIA letter openeror something similar. You'll have a "knife" on you, and you wont have to worry about metal detectors. It's sad that we have to suggest that someone breaks the law in their own country's capital city just to protect themselves...

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    check local laws if you like but you can legally carry bug spray(RAID),find the smallest possible spray can that will fit into your cargo pocket

bug spray works just as good as mace/pepper spray
    the stufffor wasp/hornets shoots a stream
    Add a zippo, and you have the makings of a VERY effective criminal deturrant!
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

Bug sprays are neurotoxins. Although the dose of organophosphates produced by a spray to the face would probably not be enouhg to do a human any major harm, the point of deterrant sprays is to stop an attack without causing harm. I think you could be sued for using any poison spray or damaging irritant. Perhaps you could get around the OC spray law by getting a small squeeze bottle and filling it with Tabasco sauce that has been filtered through a paper towel (to get the particles out). I'll bet a face full of that would ruin your whole day!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Ok guys, I need some help. I will be going to DC next weekend and
    Let me offer my condolences......

In the interest of "preserving the domestic tranquility" I'll occasionally (very occasionally) go in to DC with visiting family. And I live less than 6 miles away.

Try not to spend money there. Why pay taxes to a government that doesn't support your rights.

True story - I was preserving the domestic tranquility but refused to stop for coffee with my sisters. We got on the Metro (another scam, but beats driving in the city), and got off in Virginia to have coffee.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Very simply, Washington, D.C. is a garbage dump.. full of, guess what?.. garbage. Just look what lives there and what runs the place. And for you people out there obsessed with race, no, I am not referring to black people specifically. Hell, they comprise the bulk of the criminals' victims. Most of our cities in this country with populations of 500,000 or more are cess pools of human waste. And they feed themselves upon the helpless victims those very cities have created.

DC is one of the worse of the lot. The local government is criminal as are the police and many of the other "service" agencies. Best thing that could happen to those idiots is to all climb about several large aircraft and meet up with some suicital hyjacker.

Sorry, but those types really discust me.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

You could always tell them you are carrying it for Jim Webb - worked for the last guy

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    You're good to carry a folding pocket knife of less than 3" from what I've read.
    Thats what I do.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I'd actually love to know how I can register OC. I understand it's supposed to be done at point of sale, but I haven't been able to find a place that sells it in DC, any ideas?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

SFDoc wrote:
    You could always tell them you are carrying it for Jim Webb - worked for the last guy
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    SFDoc wrote:
    I LOL'd

Post imported post

Just carry your gun, and a copy of the 2nd ammendment. It's only one sentence, shouldn't be too hard for them to grasp...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast