• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to DC!!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'd actually love to know how I can register OC. I understand it's supposed to be done at point of sale, but I haven't been able to find a place that sells it in DC, any ideas?

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just carry your gun, and a copy of the 2nd ammendment. It's only one sentence, shouldn't be too hard for them to grasp...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

swatpro911

imported post

DC is a f***ed up place. You can't defend yourself if you are not a resident or a business owner. They get to have a gun but other citizen visiting can't. I should trasfer to DC COP so If I saw anyone from virginia I would let them slide. ;)

LEO 229

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Just carry your gun, and a copy of the 2nd ammendment. It's only one sentence, shouldn't be too hard for them to grasp...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The next sentence you will here is "Your under arrest....! :lol:

I am looking forward to the ban being lifted.. It was so dumb to ban guns and allow criminals to kill people... with guns...

Joxer

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:

I am looking forward to the ban being lifted.. It was so dumb to ban guns and allow criminals to kill people... with guns...
IF/WHEN it's lifted then everyone should plan an OC trip to DC :D

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Joxer wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:

I'm down for that:cool:

mlands

imported post

I heard about a young woman from my area of Virginia who was visiting a museum in DC. Before going into the museum area your are screened. This little woman asked the museum guard to please hold her tiny little key ring pepper spray while she was in the museum. At that point she was placed under arrest of carrying. I am sure that made her day. In Virginia she was breaking no laws. In DC she was treated like a street thug carrying.

cato

imported post

Joxer wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

This is a great blog by the Heller attorneys: http://www.dcguncase.com/blog/

DC vs Heller will most likely only address possession in a private residence. If you want to be the next case and get you name in lights and the history books thenplease do open carry in DC after an individual rights decision. I'll contribute to your felony bail (if not no bail) and defense attorney fund. :D

sjhipple

imported post

cato wrote:
Joxer wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

This is a great blog by the Heller attorneys: http://www.dcguncase.com/blog/

DC vs Heller will most likely only address possession in a private residence. If you want to be the next case and get you name in lights and the history books thenplease do open carry in DC after an individual rights decision. I'll contribute to your felony bail (if not no bail) and defense attorney fund. :D

Cato is right. The Parker case, if it goes our way, will ONLY allow private citizens to keep guns in their homes (and will give us a very satisfying case saying 2nd Amm. is indeedan individual right, which we can use against Chicago and NYC)...this allowance will probably be subject to regulations by DC, regarding licensing the ownership of guns and stuff.

Carrying (the "bear" part of "keep and bear arms") will have to be litigated separately, and even if win that, OC is different than carrying. Heck, even Texas doesn't allow OC.

It will be quite awhile before we have an OC dinner in DC ...if ever.

Renegade

imported post

IANAL - Most of the attractions in DC will allow carry of pocket knifes with blades up to 2.5" even if they are screening.

If anyone were to carry concealed in DC they would not be able to enter any of the attractions but they sure could enjoy the nice inner-city air while waiting outside.

Keep in mind there are cameras everywhere and there are telltale signs that someone is carrying concealed. Example - getting out of car and "adjusting" everything to feel more comfortable even though it is deep.

I kind of laughed at the notice on the front of the Holocaust Museum - NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. Kind of ironic in a twisted sort of way...in out nations Capitol of all places!

LEO 229

imported post

Renegade wrote:
I kind of laughed at the notice on the front of the Holocaust Museum - NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. Kind of ironic in a twisted sort of way...in out nations Capitol of all places!

Does it really say that?

What weapons do they think you can have in DC??

OK.. no knives, chains, bats, blackjacks, pipes, bricks, rocks, spears, bows and arrows, no fists, and no feet!!!

We know that you cannot have any guns in DC so maybe this was meant for the criminals who are illegally packing.