• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A violent hangout transformed into a peaceful gathering place

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

sjhipple wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u9VWbaw4KF8

If the voice sounds familiar, this is the same guy (Dave Ridley, member of the Free State Project) who was on the popular youtube video where he was detained by police for open carrying and recording the incident on his phone.

The gun discussion starts about 3 minutes into the video

Can you provide the link of him being detained?

dkd

imported post

Venator wrote:
sjhipple wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u9VWbaw4KF8

If the voice sounds familiar, this is the same guy (Dave Ridley, member of the Free State Project) who was on the popular youtube video where he was detained by police for open carrying and recording the incident on his phone.

The gun discussion starts about 3 minutes into the video

Can you provide the link of him being detained?
Dave Ridley video and 911 call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI -includes phone call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu4Dr3B3Rg4&mode=related&search=

Kastaway

imported post

Boy Oh Boy.....How in the world can he stay so cool under fire like that.....That's my worst nightmare..... I'll get too intimidate......I don't know the laws good enough to stay that cool......where do you find the laws you would need?
Dave my hats off to you guys in NH keep up the great work.

Demarest

imported post

If all of us had half of this man's willingness to stand up for his rights despite what temporal inconvenience it might bring, the anti's would not be able to take a single thing from us. I also appreciate the example of maintaining one's cool.

sjhipple

imported post

Demarest wrote:
If all of us had half of this man's willingness to stand up for his rights despite what temporal inconvenience it might bring, the anti's would not be able to take a single thing from us. I also appreciate the example of maintaining one's cool.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Thomas Paine

So stop being scared and do it!! :)

Demarest

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Been there, done that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LoXiZO6G6g

Between a history of that city's police overstepping their powers and that day's unexpected face to face with the threat of death, nerves and hysterics won that day. I normally AM more composed, but not as much as Mr. Ridley. As a post script, I never backed down in the courts and continue to exercise my rights to the fullest to this day and did not let one JBT encounter deter me from so doing :)

And thank you for the inspiring quote. I agree fully and continue to encourage others to do so as well. So many people think freedom is free.

Kastaway

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Demarest wrote:

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Thomas Paine

Oh I do it alright.....I just dread the day Johnny tuff guy starts in on me....but your right this is what it's all about....standing up for our gun rights.

sccrref

imported post

Demarest wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
Been there, done that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LoXiZO6G6g

Between a history of that city's police overstepping their powers and that day's unexpected face to face with the threat of death, nerves and hysterics won that day. I normally AM more composed, but not as much as Mr. Ridley. As a post script, I never backed down in the courts and continue to exercise my rights to the fullest to this day and did not let one JBT encounter deter me from so doing :)

And thank you for the inspiring quote. I agree fully and continue to encourage others to do so as well. So many people think freedom is free.
I find it totally irresponsible of the officer to lay a loaded automatic rifle across the hood of a car (pointing into 2 lanse of traffic as well as a pedestrian right of way across the street) and then leaving it unattended for a fair amount of time. Under the circumstances, I thing you did very well. I hope my luck continues to hold in that I do not have to suffer such a situation as you did.

sjhipple

imported post

This video has been removed due to gov't officials threatening the owner's liquor license ("unsafe environment"??). I don't know all the details, but know that the owner has requested that this video be taken down and the creator complied with the request.

Details developing here.

Demarest

imported post

Yead unsafe for the patrons. What with all the federal agents going in there, picking up children they don't know, etc ;)