• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

British Sentiment

casullshooter

imported post

The Brits showed how far they have fallen recently when they apoligized to Iran for invading their territorial waters despite GPS evidence to the contrary. I do not believe the Iranians would have tried to assault an American Naval vessel . The result would have been many dead Iranians .

Winston Churchill must be rolling over in his grave...........

imperialism2024

imported post

"Am I advocating handing out guns to school children? Absolutely not."

I do. But if I posted that on that forum, I could probably hear the noise from across the pond of a paradigm shifting without a clutch...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I do. But if I posted that on that forum, I could probably hear the noise from across the pond of a paradigm shifting without a clutch...

Given their squishy thinking, my money says they use torque converters.

And they're low on ATF.

imperialism2024

imported post

I got to the middle of page 6 before I started to throw up in my mouth. It's a good thing I haven't eaten dinner yet...

But, if I were a criminal, I think I'd chance breaking into a home with an NRA sticker on the front door. Because upon hearing my entrance, the family would first have to wake the father in the household, or call him to find out the combination to the gun safe, then someone would have to find the key to unlock the trigger lock, then go unlock the cabinet with the ammunition, then load the gun, take off the safeties, and proceed to use it defensively. Oh, and before firing the gun, they'd have to make sure to change into camo, put on face paint, and saturate themselves with deer urine. So I think I'd be able to take a fairly good collection of goods from the house before escaping...

Tomahawk

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I got to the middle of page 6 before I started to throw up in my mouth. It's a good thing I haven't eaten dinner yet...

But, if I were a criminal, I think I'd chance breaking into a home with an NRA sticker on the front door. Because upon hearing my entrance, the family would first have to wake the father in the household, or call him to find out the combination to the gun safe, then someone would have to find the key to unlock the trigger lock, then go unlock the cabinet with the ammunition, then load the gun, take off the safeties, and proceed to use it defensively. Oh, and before firing the gun, they'd have to make sure to change into camo, put on face paint, and saturate themselves with deer urine. So I think I'd be able to take a fairly good collection of goods from the house before escaping...
That's pretty funny.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Remind me to never, ever, visit the UK. I thought our own GFW's were bad, those Brits...damn...I'm at a loss for words here.

Personally I wouldn't bother with them anymore. If they want to go through life as spineless worms, crawling on their bellies lest they invoke the wrath of the big bad gov't man, praying that nothing ever goes bump in then night; then let them. However, someone should call that Matt guy on how he expects to singlehandedly defeat a gang of knife weilding home-invaders with his bare hands when someone who has trained in the use of a pistol (a far more potent weapon than one's bare hands) would "just have it taken away."

imperialism2024

imported post

I'm also both amused and saddened by how the "Skeptics" forum isn't questioning police statistics. Apparently they haven't read the Gun Facts document at gunfacts.info

Comparing crime rates between America and Britain is flawed. In America, a gun crime is recorded as a gun crime. In Britain, a crime is only recorded when there is a final disposition (a conviction). All unsolved gun crimes in Britain are not reported as gun crimes, grossly undercounting the amount of gun crime there.[sup]296[/sup] To make matters worse, British law enforcement has been exposed for falsifying criminal reports to create falsely lower crime figures, in part to preserve tourism.[sup]297[/sup]

A continuing parliamentary inquiry into the growing number of black market weapons has concluded that there are more than three million illegally held firearms in circulation - double the number believed to have been held 10 years ago - and that criminals are more willing than ever to use them. One in three criminals under the age of 25 possesses or has access to a firearm. [sup]298

296[/sup][sup] Gallant, Hills, Kopel, “Fear in Britain”, Independence Institute, July 18, 2000
297 “Crime Figures a Sham, Say Police “, Daily Telegraph, April 1, 1996
298 Reported in The Guardian, September 3, 2000[/sup]
So, maybe the UK isn't as peaceful and friendly as our anti-gun friends across the pond seem to think. :uhoh:

gsh341

imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
Remind me to never, ever, visit the UK. I thought our own GFW's were bad, those Brits...damn...I'm at a loss for words here.

Personally I wouldn't bother with them anymore. If they want to go through life as spineless worms, crawling on their bellies lest they invoke the wrath of the big bad gov't man, praying that nothing ever goes bump in then night; then let them. However, someone should call that Matt guy on how he expects to singlehandedly defeat a gang of knife weilding home-invaders with his bare hands when someone who has trained in the use of a pistol (a far more potent weapon than one's bare hands) would "just have it taken away."

I already did. Here it is.

http://www.skeptics.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1342&page=7

gsh341
You did make the argument. You said "I hope I'd kick the living sh!t out of them." and you said of your friend "No he'd kick the living sh!t out of them same as I would safe in the knowledge that in the UK such criminals are practically never armed with anything more than a knife."

To me this implies your belief in the ability of the majority of the populace of the UK to "kick the living sh!t" out of knife wielding assailants.Firstly your assertion was that I claimed that techniques to disarm and subdue assailents were taught in UK schools and that everybody in the UK has some martial arts skill.

Matt
This is not true. I claimed only that I'd hope to do it and my friend would do it. I'll now modify that for clarity. We'd both have a bloody good go. I feel that the majority of people would too. We may or may no succeed. At the end of it it'd be unlikely that anyone would be dead. Having or not having a gun makes little difference to whether we'd stick up for oursleves but increases the chance that soembody ends up dead. If anything the knowledge that the intruder is less likley to be armed in fact increases the chances of people sticking up for themselves.

gsh341
Sorry to break it to you, but they can't.

Matt
Anyone can have a go. The fact that some may be untrained in unarmed combat and thus come off worse is not different from the fact that some with guns may be untrained in armed combat and also come off worse.
Apparently Matt is the sporting type and likes to give criminals a fighting chance to violate his family.

Particle

imported post

After reading a few pages, it seems that those people aren't genuinely interested in logical conclusion. They hate guns and heaven help the uninformed that don't subscribe to their awkward logic. They will not submit that criminals...people who by definition are those who break laws...will not be stopped by passing more laws.

Don't get me wrong--more power to them to be so twisted. It's just sad that it has to be that way on a forum masquerading itself as a collection of intellectuals and skeptics of "the norm".

TrueBrit

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
You Guys REALLY need to Check out the discussion on this website that stated this Thread. It ridiculus. I'm so sorry Truebrit

http://www.skeptics.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=19005

No worries, feller, there are none so blind as those who do not want to see!

Just be pleased that we both relocated to the USA, and have yourself a goodly slug of Highland Water! 12 year old, if you can! It is what I do on these occasions, and drink confusion to all of these wankers!

Well done to all of the guys who tried to educate these bozos,and just let them stew in their own juices!

TrueBrit.

Particle

imported post

I tried to read some more of their comments today. All I could come up with to describe the totality of the situation is, "Wow. These people are ****** up."

gsh341

imported post

Particle wrote:
I tried to read some more of their comments today. All I could come up with to describe the totality of the situation is, "Wow. These people are ****** up."

Yeah, thats pretty much what I think too.

I love how one guy wouldn't want me to come to his defense if he's being murdered because I might make the situation worse. :?

Particle

imported post

Yeah, that's the point where I gave up trying to understand their point of view.

They feel unsafe because a lethal weapon is in play when a gun is introduced? Oh, really. When were swords, bows, clubs, maces, and bricks downgraded to non-lethal weapon status? I'm pretty sure they can all still kill somebody rather handily.

I'm all for the pursuit of life and liberty. In order to obtain happiness, they have apparently sacrificed the first two and as a result have neither.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Wnston Churchill is rolling over in his grave. Imgagine Hitler lived today (not too far a cry when Iran is considered) and he wanted to help all the little British children learn how to speak German. How hard would it be for him to do so today?:(

Darren Stevens

imported post

Generally the British mind is somewhat closed when it comes to gun discussions. Friends of mine are the same, guns equate to something bad to some of them.

It's a shame that only the crooks have guns here now! :(

Thank goodness for your individual right to bear arms, may this right always be protected!

It just seems so natural to see people OCing, and shooting guns in the States!

God bless the good old U.S of A!!

:celebrate

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Someone should bring up how the UK has several times as much violent crime as the US, as well calling them on thier strange belief that a violent act commited without use of a firearm is somehow not worthy of being called a crime.