Thread: Hello, new here from Island County...

Post imported post

Wow, this forum is fantastic. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that Washington State is in fact an open carry state! A friend of mine and I talked about this a week or two ago and I thought he was wacko for even entertaining the thought! I asked him what would happen if I were to open carry in Oak Harbor and he told me that I probably would be approached by the local police and challanged. So.. I need to educate my self on the cold facts so I can educate the local's here. I have seen hordes of RCW Links and I am a bit overwhelmed by the information trying to sift through. Can anyone forward to me the links that I need to know, thanks...

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    Can anyone forward to me the links that I need to know, thanks...

Just go to http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41and start reading. In addition, you may want to highlight and print the items you think are most important to remember in the event you are detained and questioned.

Post imported post

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Post imported post

WELCOME!!!!

this place will more than inform you on the laws and what nots of washington. the people here have helped me tremendously.

Post imported post

Duke, if you have any questions feel free to ask. RCW can extremely overwhelming. Just read it, get familiar with it. If you still have any questions about any specific codes, just ask. That's what we're here for.

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    Wow, this forum is fantastic. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that Washington State is in fact an open carry state! A friend of mine and I talked about this a week or two ago and I thought he was wacko for even entertaining the thought! I asked him what would happen if I were to open carry in Oak Harbor and he told me that I probably would be approached by the local police and challanged. So.. I need to educate my self on the cold facts so I can educate the local's here. I have seen hordes of RCW Links and I am a bit overwhelmed by the information trying to sift through. Can anyone forward to me the links that I need to know, thanks...

Also be sure to check out The NorthWest Citizens Defense League website for information. HTTP://www.nwcdl.org.

Please help our growing organization: http://www.nwcdl.org