• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello, new here from Island County...

G

imported post

Wow, this forum is fantastic. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that Washington State is in fact an open carry state! A friend of mine and I talked about this a week or two ago and I thought he was wacko for even entertaining the thought! I asked him what would happen if I were to open carry in Oak Harbor and he told me that I probably would be approached by the local police and challanged. So.. I need to educate my self on the cold facts so I can educate the local's here. I have seen hordes of RCW Links and I am a bit overwhelmed by the information trying to sift through. Can anyone forward to me the links that I need to know, thanks...

G

imported post

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Johnboy

imported post

WELCOME!!!!

this place will more than inform you on the laws and what nots of washington. the people here have helped me tremendously.

G27

imported post

Duke, if you have any questions feel free to ask. RCW can extremely overwhelming. Just read it, get familiar with it. If you still have any questions about any specific codes, just ask. That's what we're here for. :)

gregma

imported post

Dukester wrote:
Wow, this forum is fantastic. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that Washington State is in fact an open carry state! A friend of mine and I talked about this a week or two ago and I thought he was wacko for even entertaining the thought! I asked him what would happen if I were to open carry in Oak Harbor and he told me that I probably would be approached by the local police and challanged. So.. I need to educate my self on the cold facts so I can educate the local's here. I have seen hordes of RCW Links and I am a bit overwhelmed by the information trying to sift through. Can anyone forward to me the links that I need to know, thanks...
Also be sure to check out The NorthWest Citizens Defense League website for information. HTTP://www.nwcdl.org.

Please help our growing organization: http://www.nwcdl.org