Thread: I'm Unemployeed!

Sadly, Not Tennessee

Post imported post

I'm Unemployeed! At least until Monday....

Today was my last day working at WHBQ FOX 13 in Memphis Tennessee.

It was a bit sad saying goodbye to all the friends I have made in my brief 2 year stint there but it was exciting because I am starting a brand new job Monday with another station. And, at the new station, instead of being one of the worker bees, I am the department head. So, this will be all new for me and an exciting challenge.

My new employee package arrived in the mail today. My first year I get 9 days vacation...not sure why 9 days, not 10 but, the second year, I get 15 days vacation. Every other place I have worked, you don't get three weeks vacation until you work there 5 years. So that is pretty cool.

I'm looking forward to the whole thing. To celebrate, I'm going to try to do a 50 mile ride on my bicycle tomorrow.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum.

Why not celebrate with a new handgun purchase or at least a trip to the range?
    Will you have any say in programing? A conservative, truthful station is always appreciated.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Parsons Tennessee, USA

Post imported post

Good deal TN-Mike. So what station are you going to be at now?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin