• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excited about the Change of seasons.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Okay, so this has very little point, other than for discussion's sake.

Fall is upon us. Football fills our minds and hearts, (at least in the south) the humidity has finally returned to liveable levels, and, for those of us confined to CC most of the time, it's time or us to once again shed our sweaty butt cracks and bruised sides from IWB carry and break out our belt/paddle holsters, throw on a jacket, and finally be a little more comfortable carrying! Screw Clint Smith's saying... it's time for some freakin comfort!

Alas, however, I personally remain in the deep south. The highs are still in the 80s and are expected to stay there for a little while. I've been doing a lot of OC lately, mostly to and from work in the truck though. After my "experience" I'm not too fond of pulling any brash stunts in public just yet. I am ready for it to get cold enough for a jacket. It's killing me. Life is so much easier when everyone's wearing a coat... you don't stand out for having a cover garment! Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to wait.

Anyone else been feeling the good vibrations about the upcoming cold yet? Or am I the only one with so pathetic a life that I actually have time to sit down and be excited about such a thing? Either way, I look damn good in my leather jacket, and let's face it... it's a cool feeling being able to carry your gun on your hip and follow the CC rules too, especially if you never get to carry OWB any other time.

Demarest

imported post

Comfort level while carrying begins in the mind. Clothing has little to do with it. I open carry wherever I go and am comfortable in so doing. The few times I choose to conceal, I'm comfortable with that as well. I actually don't like the change in season for the exact reason you do like it: It will make open carrying less realistic. To each their own.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I agree that it is in the mind. I don't know the policy on OC in Ohio, but here in Alabama, it's a big no no. I also spend a lot of time in places that forbid firearms, so concealing is necessary, and OC is not an option. Maybe it's because of my stature (i'm a little on the heavy side for someone my height) but considering I carry in a serpa OWB, it is harder to conceal that under a shirt than it is tucking a gun IWB, which is simply not comfortable when you are in an evnironment that has you sitting all day.

I think our differences just come down to preference. Ideally for you, OC is the best way to carry. For me, it is merely a novelty: a practice that I would love to partake in freely, but, when doing so, place myself at risk of arrest and the confiscation of my firearm EVERY TIME. So again, I have to CC. CC is much more comfy under a jacket. So bring on the jackets!