• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lake County Police

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

So my car was part of a hit and run two days ago. I found a witness and confronted the person, unarmed yesterday evening at their home. They live directly across the street from my girlfriend.

They ended up admitting they were at fault, and basically I think their mindset was not to say anything unless asked as I didn't even notice the damage until the following day.

Anyway last night ~8pm I had to call out the Lake County Police to come and take a report, a female officer showed up and her attitude was quite odd as soon as she noticed the firearm, she said something into her radio, followed by "Bake a cake."

Almost Immediately after she uttered this she went back to the vehicle, and very soon after other officers came, I assume this is some type of code slang for back up as this was only a report, they all eyed my pistol but never said a word about it to me, but I could tell as their eyes were glued.

They were very cordial, but I don't think they knew what to make of the situation.

Anyone, LEO229, know of code language or what she said might have meant?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't know.

It sure frosts me that they seemed to be unhappy about it. If the don't like that you pack heat, maybe they should get out of the kitchen.

What's their code for a car wreck? "Mashed potatoes?"

Assault and battery? "Black and blue berry tort?"

A car fire? "Flambe Ford?"

Maybe they listen to too many truckers on CB radio. Or watch too much Chef Emerile.

Whatever happened to ChefJustin, forum member? We could use him.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
I don't know.

It sure frosts me that they seemed to be unhappy about it. If the don't like that you pack heat, maybe they should get out of the kitchen.

What's their code for a car wreck? "Mashed potatoes?"

Assault and battery? "Black and blue berry tort?"

A car fire? "Flambe Ford?"

Maybe they listen to too many truckers on CB radio. Or watch too much Chef Emerile.

Whatever happened to ChefJustin, forum member? We could use him.
Well although they did not sleep particularily pleased, I was happy that I did not meet any said resistance from them. I could sense a little tension, but I wasn't going to bring it up unless they did first -- as I know I was in the clear and legal on every level.

Nice wording " It sure frosts me.....":p

disconnect

imported post

........what the heck is "bake a cake" supposed to mean. I have never heard that. hahaha. I'm glad that they did not say anything about it to you, apparently they actually know the law, yay! lol :)