• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting in Crandon, WI

vrwmiller

imported post

I just saw a breaking news report on FOX indicating that a shooting occurred overnight in Crandon, WI (small town of about 2000). The town is located about 100 miles north of Green Bay. According to news reports, it was a Sheriff's Deputy that is the suspect and has not been apprehended. It was a fatal shooting, though exact figures have not yet been released. According to the news report, the town has been placed on lockdown.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Chicago Sun-Times http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/592684,rampage100707.article

At least 5 killed in Wisconsin shooting rampage
October 7, 2007 BY ASSOCIATED PRESS CRANDON, Wis.----

A shooting rampage in northern Wisconsin left at least five people dead, a Forest County supervisor said.

''It's a pretty tragic situation here,'' said Supervisor Tom Vollmar, who lives just outside Crandon, where the shootings occurred early Sunday morning. '
'There are five or six people dead.''

The Forest County Sheriff's Department has not confirmed the shootings. Messages left for the sheriff were not immediately returned.

The Crandon neighborhood where the shooting occurred has been blocked off, Vollmar said.

The northeast Wisconsin city of about 2,000 people is about 225 miles north of Milwaukee. It's in an area known for logging, and fishing, hunting and snowmobiling. It's also home to the World Championship Off-Road Races.

Oops, there goes mention of the officer doing the shooting. The MSM is another brick in the wall - of b'oo.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Yyyyeah, and we're supposed to trust LEOs MORE than we trust another stranger on the street. I used to carry just in case there wasn't a cop around....now I carry just in case there is.

Condolences to the families of those lost.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

It will be interesting to read about the investigation of the SWAT involvement, both of Tyler Peterson (20 y.o., part time Crandon cop and deputy sheriff) and in Crandon.

Re Crandon, in the paramilitarization of police, now even extending to a town of 2000. Goes directly to ...

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

At 0700 Tuesday 09 October 2007, about 48 hours after the event, G00gle News has two articles listed on the current page and one is dated 07 Oct.

Dropped dead swept to be forgotten.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, withs wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$