Thread: FL CWP visiting Atlanta Georgia Question

Post imported post

Hello all i am new to the site and I have looked over the internet and found different info on what i want to know. I am visiting Atlanta Georgia for a Competition for LAE the professional criminal justice frat. I live in Florida and have a Concealed Weapons Permit. GA allows me to carry concealed but do i need anything else to Open Carry. Many of the people i am going with want to know because some of them do not have the permit and part of our competition is firearms. Do I need any License to OC in GA if i am not a resident? Thank you.

State Researcher

Post imported post

You may OC in Georgia with a Florida concealed weapon license but you should be aware that Georgia has more extensive restrictions on where a licensed individual may carry than almost any other state. Visit Georgia Carry and Georgia Packing for more info.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Aye like public transportation, parks, publicgatherings such as church. Is a competition a public gathering? itsa 3 day competition. Thank you for the clarification.

Post imported post

SigOwner wrote:
    Aye like public transportation, parks, publicgatherings such as church. Is a competition a public gathering? itsa 3 day competition. Thank you for the clarification.
    It is not a public gathering for you if you are a participant in a sport shooting event. Otherwise, it is a public gathering.