• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL CWP visiting Atlanta Georgia Question

SigOwner

imported post

Hello all i am new to the site and I have looked over the internet and found different info on what i want to know. I am visiting Atlanta Georgia for a Competition for LAE the professional criminal justice frat. I live in Florida and have a Concealed Weapons Permit. GA allows me to carry concealed but do i need anything else to Open Carry. Many of the people i am going with want to know because some of them do not have the permit and part of our competition is firearms. Do I need any License to OC in GA if i am not a resident? Thank you.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

You may OC in Georgia with a Florida concealed weapon license but you should be aware that Georgia has more extensive restrictions on where a licensed individual may carry than almost any other state. Visit Georgia Carry and Georgia Packing for more info.

SigOwner

imported post

Aye like public transportation, parks, publicgatherings such as church. Is a competition a public gathering? itsa 3 day competition. Thank you for the clarification.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

SigOwner wrote:
Aye like public transportation, parks, publicgatherings such as church. Is a competition a public gathering? itsa 3 day competition. Thank you for the clarification.
It is not a public gathering for you if you are a participant in a sport shooting event. Otherwise, it is a public gathering.