• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus Judge?

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Anyone see this yet? I'd love to carry it. I think that'd be an awsome weapon to OC,if I could find a holster I'd cc it haha...

DSC00272.jpg

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

DSC00304.jpg

Well that's the Gun Blast guy wearing the Judge there. Throw a jacket over that and you'd be nice and concealed. I'd say that would work as open carry the way it is :) I wonder if he carries a derringer under the beard?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I'm not sure what you mean. I can't think of a better handgun option for wilderness protection...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DreQo wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean. I can't think of a better handgun option for wilderness protection...

Ruger Alaskan or Super Redhawk.

I've never once needed a handgun to kill a snake. I was able to go around every single one. They don't seem to come slithering into the campsite; I guess they avoid the activity.

If you just have to have snake prevention, carry the shot shells so they come up first under the hammer.

Heck, even a .357 Blackhawk or GP100 will have better power than the Judge, I think.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

DreQo,

Just look up all the assorted gun forumsdiscussions re: this "410-bore in a handgun" concept and read why for yourself...it wasn't received well then and it probably won't be now, even though Taurus may (judging from the picture) have made a better quaity product than the Thunder Five was/is; the concept is identical.

With your permission and understanding, I don't want to rehash all those threads/points of view again here...

-- John D.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
DreQo,

Just look up all the assorted gun forumsdiscussions re: this "410-bore in a handgun" concept and read why for yourself...it wasn't received well then and it probably won't be now, even though Taurus may (judging from the picture) have made a better quaity product than the Thunder Five was/is; the concept is identical.

With your permission and understanding, I don't want to rehash all those threads/points of view again here...

-- John D.
lol ok, that seemed a little sarcastic, but ok. I wasn't the OP anyway :p. I'll admit I'm not at all familiar with revolvers that shoot shot shells; I was simply going off of the couple of reviews on the Judge that I had read. Guess I'll have to dig for some more opinions...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DreQo,

I wasn't being sarcastic, that was being nice..and I wasn't responding to the OP,I was responding to you because you said you "didn't know what I meant" when I spoke critically of the gun.

What I meant has already been presented in much earlier threadsin assorted gun forums.And THERE also are your "other opinions."

You surely don't want people to repeat old news when you can look it up yourself, do you? I was just pointing you in the right direction, you choose to go there or not.

No offense meant.

Regards,

John D.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well that's kool. It seems like one of the big problems with the Thunder Five was the fact that it had separate cyclinders for .410 and .45. The Judge doesn't have this issue, and I'm not reading about any other legitimate issues. The .45's have been described as "suprisingly accurate". I see the Judge as a .45 revolver with more options lol. Besides, a lifetime warranty doesn't sound horrible.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
True...but it's still a Taurus. ;)

-- John D.

lol Yeah, I hear the anti-taurus mantra a lot. My dad had a Taurus for about 15 years...it was the Taurus version of the Beretta 92..I don't remember what it's called. But yeah, he shot thousands and thousands of rounds through it, both store bought and re-loads...whatever failures he had were few and far between, and were usually due to the ammo. Come to think of it, I think he has a Taurus revolver, too. Anyway my point is I've heard a lot of "my buddy said his brothers dad had a friend who's cousin's Taurus is a piece of crap!!" but the guys I've known who've owned them haven't had problems.

I dunno, if I do ever get the Judge, it wont be any time soon. I've got a few other purchases lined up first, but I wouldn't mind having something like that in my aresenal eventually. By the time I get around to buying one, I'm sure they'll have a track record behind 'em...good or bad, we'll just have to see! :)

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks, but I had one...when you're my age, you've done/had just about everything. If not, something's wrong. Besides, I really don't do hearsay too often and I don't speak Parrot (Mexican, Central or South American dialects), either. Being different has it's drawbacks but being part of the herd isn't one of them.

So people here can get whatever they want, even a .410-bore revolver, and even a Taurus. Neither are for me though.

As for "arsenals," I got rid of most my guns...yes, you really can have too many guns and too much ammo. Even the 4 guns I have now seem like too many. Maybe it's just my getting older and getting ready to die, I don't know, but lots of "stuff," even guns, is just a burden and an anchor to me now...makes it so hard to just pick up and leave. And just having something unusual for my collection isn't even worth a brief thought.

Regards,

-- John D.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I see what you're saying. Four is definately too many...I'd be more than happy to take 2 or 3 of them off your hands..:celebrate

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I got a change to hold one today and it felt nice! At first I thought it might be a decent gun to carry while hunting, then I realized that the barrel is to short and it would be illegal to have it with me while hunting in my state.

:cuss: