• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

America; Government Wants Gun Ban

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
freedom1776 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Oh please....

The ownership of firearms is in the constitution. Even if the 2nd amendment can be read two different ways.....

yeah right. you mean just like we have the"right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures" (4th ammendment) yet for some reason we have the patriot bill which allows the government to get around this civil liberty by searching suspected terrorists (which terrorist is not defined) and phone taps and them reading our EMAIL. Heck they out to just open our mail for us too.

Give it time and they will find some way to make the 2nd ammendment meaningless just like the 4th.

Sorry that phones and email were not around at the time so they could have quilled that in too. :D

They can listen in on my phone conversations and read my emails... they can even open my mail. It will be very boring and I am not communicating with any terrorist organization so I could care less. But then... out of all the people they are watching.. I am sure they have no time to check me out.

The 2nd amendment is already viewed this way...

ACLU POLICY “The ACLU agrees with the Supreme Court’s long-standing interpretation of the Second Amendment [as set forth in the 1939 case, U.S. v. Miller] that the individual’s right to bear arms applies only to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia. Except for lawful police and military purposes, the possession of weapons by individuals is not constitutionally protected. Therefore, there is no constitutional impediment to the regulation of firearms.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller
What's your point, big boy? Are you saying that you will be first in line to bend over and let the unavoidable rogering begin? I think it's sad that in our attempt to be good Americans, some of us believe that means to do everything the government says... some of us. "Simon says: give up your weapons! Simon says: follow his rules! Protect your family... Simon didn't say!

LEO 229

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
What's your point, big boy? Are you saying that you will be first in line to bend over and let the unavoidable rogering begin? I think it's sad that in our attempt to be good Americans, some of us believe that means to do everything the government says... some of us. "Simon says: give up your weapons! Simon says: follow his rules! Protect your family... Simon didn't say!
Just saying that some people view things differently.

So step down off your soap box and chill out. You probably need some rest since your all worked up now... Big boy!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:

So step down off your soap box and chill out. You probably need some rest since your all worked up now... Big boy!
Just asking you a question.No need to get heated, officer. The rest of the comment was not directed at you, but I guess the truth hurts.

LEO 229

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:

Just asking you a question.No need to get heated, officer. The rest of the comment was not directed at you, but I guess the truth hurts.
Ya.. it hurts.... You referred to me as "big boy" and I have been battlingthe problem for a long time. I am not fat.. just big boned.

The only thing fat is my thick head. :p

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

fatCopClear.gif

Tomahawk

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
They can listen in on my phone conversations and read my emails... they can even open my mail. It will be very boring and I am not communicating with any terrorist organization so I could care less. But then... out of all the people they are watching.. I am sure they have no time to check me out.
I'm sorry, but with that attitude you cannot ever hope to be free. You realize that by giving up your rights, you are not just submitting to authority, but also surrendering your dignity, your pride, even your manhood*? Come on, now, tell us you won't roll over that easily?

*(And I use that word not to get a rise out of you, it's in the Declaration of Independence. Apparently the founders thought you were a wuss if you rolled over for invasions on your rights)

...He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people...