Thread: "The Crime Guys"

Post imported post

I caught this on the AM skip way down in Roanoke, Va. Made me want to spit. You folks up there have my true sympathies.

Beyond the usual, "let's get the evil guns off of the streets," blather the hosts and the callers were more than willing to give up security "against unreasonable searches and seizures..." (Constitution of the United States, Amendment 4) in favor of "stop and frisk" programs. They were well aware that there were "constitutional issues", but didn't sound like they were going to let that stop them. Are these the same people upset about "unwarranted wiretaps"?

Again, my sympathies.

C.

Post imported post

And these are the people that will make us like the UK.

Unfortunately, with the criminal police organizations in place, individual officers as well as departments will do a much swifter and complete job of eliminating our constitutional rights than any legislature will ever do.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

At a certain point one has to stop recognizing them as products of the American education system; and start recognizing them as the enablers and/or instigators that give power to a government that encroaches further and further, and takes more and more.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    At a certain point one has to stop recognizing them as products of the American education system; and start recognizing them as the enablers and/or instigators that give power to a government that encroaches further and further, and takes more and more.

Hmm. Maybe so. They did not strike me as deep thinkers but a bullies who would do whatever they wanted. These are the kind of folks who don't play chess because they can't think three moves ahead. They don't have analytical skills to see the 'unintended consequences' of what their emotion pushes them into. To be totally fair, they were upset by the recent killing of two cops but geeze!

C.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

In an essay titled No Treason*, the author points out how the political arena has become the majority trying to get over on the minority, and this was in 1867-70. Whoever can get 51% or better gets to control the rest. Not his exact words.

*Google-able

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.