• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"The Crime Guys"

CPerdue

imported post

I caught this on the AM skip way down in Roanoke, Va. Made me want to spit. You folks up there have my true sympathies.

Beyond the usual, "let's get the evil guns off of the streets," blather the hosts and the callers were more than willing to give up security "against unreasonable searches and seizures..." (Constitution of the United States, Amendment 4) in favor of "stop and frisk" programs. They were well aware that there were "constitutional issues", but didn't sound like they were going to let that stop them. Are these the same people upset about "unwarranted wiretaps"?

Again, my sympathies.

C.

imperialism2024

imported post

And these are the people that will make us like the UK.

Unfortunately, with the criminal police organizations in place, individual officers as well as departments will do a much swifter and complete job of eliminating our constitutional rights than any legislature will ever do.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

At a certain point one has to stop recognizing them as products of the American education system; and start recognizing them as the enablers and/or instigators that give power to a government that encroaches further and further, and takes more and more.

CPerdue

imported post

Citizen wrote:
At a certain point one has to stop recognizing them as products of the American education system; and start recognizing them as the enablers and/or instigators that give power to a government that encroaches further and further, and takes more and more.
Hmm. Maybe so. They did not strike me as deep thinkers but a bullies who would do whatever they wanted. These are the kind of folks who don't play chess because they can't think three moves ahead. They don't have analytical skills to see the 'unintended consequences' of what their emotion pushes them into. To be totally fair, they were upset by the recent killing of two cops but geeze!

C.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In an essay titled No Treason*, the author points out how the political arena has become the majority trying to get over on the minority, and this was in 1867-70. Whoever can get 51% or better gets to control the rest. Not his exact words.

*Google-able