• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off Topic

rady8um

imported post

Any of you guys plan on attending the Folk Festival in Richmondthis weekend?

http://www.virginia.org/site/description.asp?AttrID=35032&CharID=324908

I'll be there Friday evening and most of the day on Saturday,and Sunday morning.

I won't be OC'ing though, I'll just CC with my PA permit. I don't want toruin my weekend, on the off chance I encounter a non-informed LEO. I just want to spend the weekend listening to some great music.

I'll be looking for any OCers. If you see me, stop and say hello.

photo attached, with proof that even this face can attract a woman. :D

Attachments

• parade.JPG
    parade.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 232

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Well I hope somebody OCs - I won a FOIA lawsuit against Richmond's Mayor Wilder a couple years ago to rpove that the organizers of this or a similar event did not have City authority to ban guns.

But nothin' wrong with legal concealed carry - your carry options are for you to decide on, not the government.

rady8um

imported post

I have OCed on a number of occasions in PA, but I'm not quite ready for the potential BS being from out-of-state, and OCing. I know it's legal, but I don't want to screw the weekend up. If I get hassled, I'm not likely to be the LEOs new best friend.

More importantly, you guys should come to the festival, lots of great music! This is the last year this festival will be held in Richmond.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I didn't even know about it. Thank you!

Can't make it until Saturday afternoon at the earliest, but I will definitely put it high on our list of possibles for the weekend.

Where does it go after this year?

dude

imported post

I'm planning on going Saturday afternoon. Normally, CC is my SOP, but what the heck -- if no one in my party objects, I'll OC.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just got back.

Nothing was said, but part of the festival was on National Park Service land. Here I was, carrying openly, and not realizing I had crossed on to Federal land.

The festival was therefore not as good an experience as I would have liked. Had to stay away from large part of it.

rady8um

imported post

Tess wrote:
Just got back.

Nothing was said, but part of the festival was on National Park Service land. Here I was, carrying openly, and not realizing I had crossed on to Federal land.

The festival was therefore not as good an experience as I would have liked. Had to stay away from large part of it.
Which part, the Iron works or the Island?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Much of it was on the grounds of the National Museum of the Civil War (or something like that) - inside the iron fence. The sign said National Park Service and Department of the Interior.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

somewhat confused here,thats by bell island like at the end of the canal walk? I used to do the canal walk all the time, can I OC or CC (permit,when I get it.) on that?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I did a little more searching today. It's not really clear to me what part of the Iron Works is Federal and what is not. The sites are not clear. I just know I saw a sign that said National Park Service, and Department of the Interior.

I'd love to research this further, but not while I'm armed and there are 10,000 people around (number WAGged).