• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Military OC! New Poster!

LEO 229

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
....please don't project your short comings on others....
So it's ok for you to insult people for no apparent reason, but I can't tell you how I feel? I think you're an ass, plain and simple. You know, I THOUGHT you were smart enough to keep this into PMs, but apparently you know you're acting like an idiot so you're hoping for some support from..who? HankT? LEO229? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to back you up, here.

You, sir, were out of line with the first thing you said in this thread. Like I told you in the PM, I have no reason to put up with your crap, so I told you how I felt...

OH LOOK, while I was typing LEO229 showed up!! What a suprise. Agent19, you may be an ass, but that would be a compliment to LEO. To LEO229, I'm tired of your shit. I am a Marine, and I'll be damned if you think I'm gonna let you tell me that I haven't served my country. I'm calling you out. You got so much to say, you're gonna say it in person. I want to meet you, face to face. You name the time and place.

If you are a Marine as you claim.... youarea disgrace to the Corp!! :X

You have done nothing but talk trash since you arrived.

Come on up to Northern Virginia.... Love to meet you. I will be happy to show you our accommodations for out of town guests... :lol:

Then I wonder.. why are you chatting in the VA Forums? Wore out your welcome in the NC forums? :uhoh:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Oh I haven't threatened either one of you, but we'll definately be talking soon.

LEO 229

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Oh I haven't threatened either one of you, but we'll definately be talking soon.

Plan your trip to see DC and the White House.... Then come visit me. We can go out and get some lunch.

You, me, and Agent19 can eat in Centreville and resolve our problems. :cool:

Marco

imported post

island.gif

bayboy42

imported post

Better hope DreQo doesn't bring his murse to this suggested meet-up. If he does, whatever you do...........make sure you don't touch it:exclaim:

(Yes i know I didn't need to bring that up but I couldn't resist).

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
Better hope DreQo doesn't bring his murse to this suggested meet-up. If he does, whatever you do...........make sure you don't touch it:exclaim:

:pIt's a purse, not a murse lol.

Tomahawk

imported post

Flamewar!

flamethrow.gif

And BTW, Drequo, the military owns your ass from the moment you enlist. They can tell you how to dress and what not to do when on liberty, and they can make it stick.

That may disagree with your philosophy, but it is a fact. Living in Havelock you should know this. When I was in the Corps they would tell us not to travel more than 50 miles, what clubs were off limits, how to dress, etc. They never told us not to carry weapons, but they could've. Somewhere up in Alaska there was an Army commander who forbade his troops from carrying off base.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Flamewar!

flamethrow.gif

And BTW, Drequo, the military owns your ass from the moment you enlist. They can tell you how to dress and what not to do when on liberty, and they can make it stick.

That may disagree with your philosophy, but it is a fact. Living in Havelock you should know this. When I was in the Corps they would tell us not to travel more than 50 miles, what clubs were off limits, how to dress, etc. They never told us not to carry weapons, but they could've. Somewhere up in Alaska there was an Army commander who forbade his troops from carrying off base.

Yes and no. The problem here is that someone could argue that they were violating their RKBA. If you just HAD to get out of duty on sunday, you could always weasel your way out by whining about your right to practice your religion...we had a couple "Wiccans" that I swear only claimed that religion so they could ask for all of these random days off.

You ARE right that they can tell you where to go what to do and how to dress, but the bottom line is you don't need to ask BEFORE you carry. Anyway, why would any unit care? Isn't just being in the military proof enough that you're competent with a firearm??? :banghead:

LEO 229

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Flamewar!

flamethrow.gif

Yes and no. The problem here is that someone could argue that they were violating their RKBA. If you just HAD to get out of duty on sunday, you could always weasel your way out by whining about your right to practice your religion...we had a couple "Wiccans" that I swear only claimed that religion so they could ask for all of these random days off.

You ARE right that they can tell you where to go what to do and how to dress, but the bottom line is you don't need to ask BEFORE you carry. Anyway, why would any unit care? Isn't just being in the military proof enough that you're competent with a firearm??? :banghead:
I served 10 years and went to desert storm..... There are some non-shootin' people out there. :lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

DreQo wrote:
You ARE right that they can tell you where to go what to do and how to dress, but the bottom line is you don't need to ask BEFORE you carry.
I never said to ask, but if there's a standing order in place you carry at your own risk.

Anyway, why would any unit care? Isn't just being in the military proof enough that you're competent with a firearm??? :banghead:

Mmm...no. It only means that you may have had some training, and even that's not always true when you're talking about the Navy and Air Force. I met sailors in A-school who said the only weapon they had ever handled was an M1 with the bolt welded shut for drill practice. Not that it did them any good, I've never seen worse drill than a bunch of sailors. They march while wobbling back and forth as if they're drunk on the deck of a rocking ship...

I'll say that even the s**tbirds in the Marine Corps at least know how to handle a rifle safely, having lived and slept with the thing all through training, but that doesn't mean they retain the knowledge or know how to use it properly.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
....Mmm...no. It only means that you may have had some training, and even that's not always true when you're talking about the Navy and Air Force. I met sailors in A-school who said the only weapon they had ever handled was an M1 with the bolt welded shut for drill practice. Not that it did them any good, I've never seen worse drill than a bunch of sailors. They march while wobbling back and forth as if they're drunk on the deck of a rocking ship...

I'll say that even the s**tbirds in the Marine Corps at least know how to handle a rifle safely, having lived and slept with the thing all through training, but that doesn't mean they retain the knowledge or know how to use it properly.

My problem is that they don't ask if you had a desk job in the chair force or if you were a highly skilled Marine sniper...they just say "Oh, you're in the military? No problem!!".

acrimsontide

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Mmm...no. It only means that you may have had some training, and even that's . I met sailors in A-school who said the only weapon they had ever handled was an M1 with the bolt welded shut for drill practice. Not that it did them any good, I've never seen worse drill than a bunch of sailors. They march while wobbling back and forth as if they're drunk on the deck of a rocking ship...

Tomahawk,

I'm glad that you said "not always true when you're talking about the Navy and Air Force". I wouldput SEAL training up against anything the Marines or Army offers!! Just had to get that one in. Just having some fun with you.

Tomahawk

imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Mmm...no. It only means that you may have had some training, and even that's . I met sailors in A-school who said the only weapon they had ever handled was an M1 with the bolt welded shut for drill practice. Not that it did them any good, I've never seen worse drill than a bunch of sailors. They march while wobbling back and forth as if they're drunk on the deck of a rocking ship...

Tomahawk,

I'm glad that you said "not always true when you're talking about the Navy and Air Force". I wouldput SEAL training up against anything the Marines or Army offers!! Just had to get that one in. Just having some fun with you.

Anytime I give a Navy guy some crap the first thing he comes back with is, "But the SEALs, the SEALs, the SEALs!"

Okay, fine, I guess, with all the obscene cash they get for training they had better be good with weapons and such.

When I was in A-school my aviation maintenance class was like 3 Marines and 25 sailors. The sailors had all seen Top Gun and thought that was what the Navy was all about when they enlisted. After swabbing and buffing the deck in the barracks and cleaning pissers in the schoolhouse a few dozen times reality started sinking in. :D

Still, aviation was a good technical field to get into, and once we got out to the fleet (in my case, the Fleet Marine Force), we all got to see some spectacular stuff no civilian ever gets to see up close. Watching a jet take off from a ship or being on the flightline with all those engines burning is just the tits. I miss the smell of jet fuel.

Back on topic, Marines, even stinkin' airwingers, requalify with rifles annually. In the Navy, you get a ribbon for shooting a rifle. Different services, different emphasis.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
Note: the average military member's job has NOTHING to do with combat, especially in the Army.)

Typical of a marine to downgrade the Army. (Notice my capitalization? :p) I would think the Air Force and Navy both have fewer combat jobs than the Army. This may not qualify as combat related, but 65% of the service members killed in Iraq have been active duty Army Soldiers.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/branches/

bayboy42

imported post

See this is why I like DreQo.......

bayboy42 wrote:

:pIt's a purse, not a murse lol.

I send a zinger his way he responds by correcting me......nothing more....nothing less. What better way to shut down all these "flame wars". Great work DreQo!!!!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Note: the average military member's job has NOTHING to do with combat, especially in the Army.)

Typical of a marine to downgrade the Army. (Notice my capitalization? :p) I would think the Air Force and Navy both have fewer combat jobs than the Army. This may not qualify as combat related, but 65% of the service members killed in Iraq have been active duty Army Soldiers.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/branches/
Actually if I'm not mistaken, the Army, being the largest branch of the military, still holds the mostnon-combat jobs over all. That's why I mentioned the Army. Also, the "general population" automatically thinks combat when they think of the Army, which is another reason why I referred to them. Lastly, the OP is Army.

See, I had legitimate reasons for using the Army in that example...I wasn't just bashin them because I'm a Marine. With that being said, as a Marine, I do like to poke fun at the Army. :D

smccomas

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
acrimsontide wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Tomahawk,

Anytime I give a Navy guy some crap the first thing he comes back with is, "But the SEALs, the SEALs, the SEALs!"

Okay, fine, I guess, with all the obscene cash they get for training they had better be good with weapons and such.

When I was in A-school my aviation maintenance class was like 3 Marines and 25 sailors. The sailors had all seen Top Gun and thought that was what the Navy was all about when they enlisted. After swabbing and buffing the deck in the barracks and cleaning pissers in the schoolhouse a few dozen times reality started sinking in. :D

Still, aviation was a good technical field to get into, and once we got out to the fleet (in my case, the Fleet Marine Force), we all got to see some spectacular stuff no civilian ever gets to see up close. Watching a jet take off from a ship or being on the flightline with all those engines burning is just the tits. I miss the smell of jet fuel.

Back on topic, Marines, even stinkin' airwingers, requalify with rifles annually. In the Navy, you get a ribbon for shooting a rifle. Different services, different emphasis.
Where were you in the fleet? I was on the Iwo Jima, Nassua and Guad Canal. Out of 2nd Mar Div.