Thread: NOVA Dicks Coupon for Ammo Buy 1 get 50% off another

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

http://app.dcsg.com/coupon/coupon.cfm?n=TUO

Pretty good deal I think especially on premium ammo. Limit 6 total boxes.

Post imported post

I can't seem to find their ammo brands on their online website, it's so convoluted... went to the "Hunting" section because that's what I thought it would be under, but nope:
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/

any both have any luck?
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Ammo isn't on the website since its pretty much a separate entity and they choose not to sell ammo on it. What are you looking for I can tell you if they have it at least at the Baileys store.

Post imported post

Federal HST +P (.45ACP)?

Other than that, I'm sure they carry WWB/Blazer/cheapo/etc. right?

Great coupon.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

If the Dicks carried HST I would have bought it for myself and you still wouldn't get any.

For range ammo we carry Remington UMC Metal case in .380, 38 Spec, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45ACP. I'd wait on those until there is another case sale, you would save more money then. Rimfire, centerfire rifle or shotgun rounds that don't go on sale usually would be a better use especially the premium stuff.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    http://app.dcsg.com/coupon/coupon.cfm?n=TUO

Pretty good deal I think especially on premium ammo. Limit 6 total boxes.
    It becomes a killer deal when Dick's screws up. I went by dick's on my side of town Monday morning to pick up some stuff i left on sunday due to leaving my coupon at home. while there i noticed they had 200rd boxes of .223 for 69.99 but they only had one so i had them call the store across town. they had 4 boxes so i said put all four on hold but i couldn't get there before wed. they said ok we have them on hold under your name. Well i went inTues. afternoon and they had sold all four boxes out from under me. I about hit the roof.

My past experiences with Dick's customer service has lived up to their name. This time was different.

The guy at the lodge counter said he'd make it up from the small boxes of .223 they had on the shelf and sell it to me for the same 209.99 that the 4 200rd boxes of .223 would cost with the coupon. I said you have a deal.

I wound up with 720 rounds of .223(mostly remington umc 55grhp) and 80rds of winchester .308 168gr ballistic silvertips. They rang it up by the individual boxes at the register and it came to 510.00 which they somehow then discounted down to 198.00 with tax. i didn't argue and i gave them my two bills and got the heck out of there before they woke up and called the cops. Though in all fairness the head manager came out and approved it due to the situation. I was shocked and am still on that deal o the century high the next morning.

SO until they screw up Dick's is back on the good list....lol

Post imported post

I found that at Dick's you as the customer can control a lot of the sale's deals. For example, the one in Newport News oftern has sales on the Remmington UMC ammo but only if you buy it by the case (10 boxes). I've gone in there several times and purchased less then 10 boxes at the sales price just by telling the cashier "thats not what the sign says. Never has a cashier ever gone to read the sign, they just adjust the price.

Post imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
    I found that at Dick's you as the customer can control a lot of the sale's deals. For example, the one in Newport News oftern has sales on the Remmington UMC ammo but only if you buy it by the case (10 boxes). I've gone in there several times and purchased less then 10 boxes at the sales price just by telling the cashier "thats not what the sign says. Never has a cashier ever gone to read the sign, they just adjust the price.
    Cashier could probably care less. Not their profit they are giving away...

My wife has done the same thing with expired sales posting in the store. Very rare that the cashier will go check the date.

Post imported post

Thanks LW!

Post imported post

limited
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin