• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA Dicks Coupon for Ammo Buy 1 get 50% off another

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ammo isn't on the website since its pretty much a separate entity and they choose not to sell ammo on it. What are you looking for I can tell you if they have it at least at the Baileys store.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

If the Dicks carried HST I would have bought it for myself and you still wouldn't get any. :dude:

For range ammo we carry Remington UMC Metal case in .380, 38 Spec, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45ACP. I'd wait on those until there is another case sale, you would save more money then. Rimfire, centerfire rifle or shotgun rounds that don't go on sale usually would be a better use especially the premium stuff.

67GT390FB

imported post

longwatch wrote:
http://app.dcsg.com/coupon/coupon.cfm?n=TUO

Pretty good deal I think especially on premium ammo. Limit 6 total boxes.

It becomes a killer deal when Dick's screws up. I went by dick's on my side of town Monday morning to pick up some stuff i left on sunday due to leaving my coupon at home. while there i noticed they had 200rd boxes of .223 for 69.99 but they only had one so i had them call the store across town. they had 4 boxes so i said put all four on hold but i couldn't get there before wed. they said ok we have them on hold under your name. Well i went inTues. afternoon and they had sold all four boxes out from under me. I about hit the roof.

My past experiences with Dick's customer service has lived up to their name. This time was different.

The guy at the lodge counter said he'd make it up from the small boxes of .223 they had on the shelf and sell it to me for the same 209.99 that the 4 200rd boxes of .223 would cost with the coupon. I said you have a deal.

I wound up with 720 rounds of .223(mostly remington umc 55grhp) and 80rds of winchester .308 168gr ballistic silvertips. They rang it up by the individual boxes at the register and it came to 510.00 which they somehow then discounted down to 198.00 with tax. i didn't argue and i gave them my two bills and got the heck out of there before they woke up and called the cops. Though in all fairness the head manager came out and approved it due to the situation. I was shocked and am still on that deal o the century high the next morning.

SO until they screw up Dick's is back on the good list....lol

bayboy42

imported post

I found that at Dick's you as the customer can control a lot of the sale's deals. For example, the one in Newport News oftern has sales on the Remmington UMC ammo but only if you buy it by the case (10 boxes). I've gone in there several times and purchased less then 10 boxes at the sales price just by telling the cashier "thats not what the sign says. Never has a cashier ever gone to read the sign, they just adjust the price.

LEO 229

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
I found that at Dick's you as the customer can control a lot of the sale's deals. For example, the one in Newport News oftern has sales on the Remmington UMC ammo but only if you buy it by the case (10 boxes). I've gone in there several times and purchased less then 10 boxes at the sales price just by telling the cashier "thats not what the sign says. Never has a cashier ever gone to read the sign, they just adjust the price.

Cashier could probably care less. Not their profit they are giving away... :D

My wife has done the same thing with expired sales posting in the store. Very rare that the cashier will go check the date.