• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tony 7

Slowhand

imported post

Maybe I have overlooked a thread on this forum, but can anyone tell me what was the outcome of the Tony's 7 event. (link?)

vrwmiller

imported post

Manassas City Council and PD consider the issue closed.

Even after they declared the issued closed, I continue to urge them to order an independant investigation from time to time. I've come to know John Skinner personally...I don't think he likes me very much.

According to Philip Van Cleave and Dave Van, VCDL is working on some things in order to resolve the outstanding issues, but I've heard nothing else.

72Malibu

imported post

My wife is actually angry with me right now over something Manassas-related.

We went today to look at a minivan in Harrisonburg. I OC'd there (see Central VA OC thread for details). On the way home, she keeps telling me that she's finding lots of "good deals" on minivans she likes and they're all in Manassas. She keeps bugging me and bugging me to go up there to look at some of them.

I've told her repeatedly that I will not spend one red cent in that city let alone thousands of dollars on a vehicle until something satisfactory has been done about the oppression exhibited by their police force. They may consider the matter closed, I and I'm sure others do not and I absolutely refuse to do anything for the benefit of the city of Manassas until that injustice has been corrected. Period.

What really burned her was when I said that if she uses her own money, she can do whatever she wants with it,but none of my own hard-earned income is going to be spent there. This upset her because she's a stay-at-home-mom and I'm the sole breadwinner. Granted, that may have been mean and unfair of me the way I said it, but I can't stand the thought of using money that I've worked so hard for going to funding that city's political system in any way.

unrequited

imported post

Youch. That's a tough one 72... perhaps offer to spend a weekend driving to other dealerships or calling around? There's always somebody with a cheaper price... especially if you tell them Manassas has it for such-and-such price initially.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

minivans she likes
:what::what::what::what::what:

this phrase doesn't make sense to me... :dude:

I'm thinking this might be the Almighty sending a subtle hint that another type of vehicle is in order ;)

( somebody's probably alread ratting me out to the various minivan enthusiast forums )

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

72Malibu wrote:
My wife is actually angry with me right now over something Manassas-related.
I'm sure the Tony's Seven wouldn't want marital discord over it.

Also, it would make some of the involved police happy to know that somebody on the Tony's Seven side was losing out on a good deal, or conversely spending more than they might otherwise have to.

If a wife is upset, its only because she sees the opportunity for the entire family to benefit from a better deal.

Why not take a look in Manassasafter all and let themerchants make up for the appalling behavior of their police by giving you a good deal on a mini-van.

Then, if you still wantto do somethingto support the Tony's Seven, leave a message for John Skinner asking him why his department played cover-up on the Tony's incident. It'll remind him of the holes in the report. And will make him wonder again, even if only briefly, how many other people noticed the holes.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I suppose it wouldn't do any good to go look at the minivans in Manassas, get all the way to the $$ discussions, and then tell them if it weren't for their police force, they'd have earned your business?

Then take their written offer to bargain elsewhere.

72Malibu

imported post

Bah, it's not marital discord. It didn't cause a fight if that's what you're thinking, but that is a good point of view Citizen. She may not like it, but she respects it. As was said, I'll use Manassas' prices as a bargaining chip if I can.

She's interested in a minivan because she wants something with more room and more people-hauling ability. We have discussed possibly trying for another baby this spring, but that's still up in the air.

That all being said, she found a good deal on one in Stafford that we may go and have a look at.

Still though, I'm not going to give Manassas any of my business if I can help it, just like I don't give my business to other anti-gun establishments if I can help it. I'm not losing out on anything. We're not in a rush so we have time to look elsewhere. Plus, I think she likes the shopping aspect more than the actual purchasing anyway.

vrwmiller

imported post

72Malibu wrote:
She's interested in a minivan because she wants something with more room and more people-hauling ability. We have discussed possibly trying for another baby this spring, but that's still up in the air.
Perhaps you would be more interested in something like:

school-bus-3.jpg

:celebrate