Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Picture of your Blackhawk SERPA in Concealed Mode?

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    Since I'll be (hopefully, may-issue) getting my CCDW soon, in addition to Open Carrying, I'm also going to be looking at concealing in some instances so, I'd love to see how folks wear their SERPA concealed...

    Anyone able to take a picture to post?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    44

    Post imported post

    Blackhawk SERPA With my Glock23.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    44

    Post imported post

    Blackhawk SERPA With my Glock23. pic2
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    Nice...

    At the moment, I'm not using the paddle attachment as I wasn't really sure how that was supposed to be worn. I have the standard belt attachment with a spacer kit in there for the upcoming USPSA compeition I'm going to try to make.

  5. #5
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    Be advised the paddle on the Serpa's are a bitch. Removing it without removing your belt is near impossible. I removed the screw on hooks and filed down and rounded the other.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    44

    Post imported post

    Yeah you got to be kind of a contortionist just to get it off. But isn't that the idea? BG trys a grab and run he's not getting my gun.

    I take the gun out, then pull out on the hostler put my fingers on the outside hooks then slide it round to my back. Then with my other hand reach inside and unhook the inside hook. It only take a minute or so, but I think it's worth the time for the extra security. IMHO.


    Kastaway


  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    I can't say I have any problems removing mine. Just suck in my gut, move the holster forward, then I am able to get two hands on it and spread it apart. The inside hook sometimes catches on my pocket, but that's not a big deal.

  8. #8
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    lol That's just not fair. My skinny butt can't hide ANYTHING. It's hard for me to hide a Walther PPK/s IN my waist band w/o wearing a jacket. There's no way in hell I'd ever be able to hide a full sized handgun under just a shirt.

    In reference to the serpa, from what I've seen it looks like it stays out away from the body a little bit, like say a duty holster. This is compared to my leather "CCW" belt holster that I have that really hugs the body. Is this not the case?

  9. #9
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    I recently picked up a gun belt -- one of the double layer leather dress belts and I'm having a hard time navigating the holster onto it. Meh.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    DreQo wrote:
    lol That's just not fair. My skinny butt can't hide ANYTHING. It's hard for me to hide a Walther PPK/s IN my waist band w/o wearing a jacket. There's no way in hell I'd ever be able to hide a full sized handgun under just a shirt.

    In reference to the serpa, from what I've seen it looks like it stays out away from the body a little bit, like say a duty holster. This is compared to my leather "CCW" belt holster that I have that really hugs the body. Is this not the case?
    I have a Serpa and a Galco leather for my XD, and that is exactly what happens. The distance the Serpa stands out is actualy a good thing, as I can get a light jacket tucked behind my gun without it bunching up to much and getting in the way. I am not realy thick myself, so unless I use my IWB holster with a big shirt I am not so much concealing as I am covering up. That's just one more reason to OC in my book.

  11. #11
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    lol That's just not fair. My skinny butt can't hide ANYTHING. It's hard for me to hide a Walther PPK/s IN my waist band w/o wearing a jacket. There's no way in hell I'd ever be able to hide a full sized handgun under just a shirt.

    In reference to the serpa, from what I've seen it looks like it stays out away from the body a little bit, like say a duty holster. This is compared to my leather "CCW" belt holster that I have that really hugs the body. Is this not the case?
    I have a Serpa and a Galco leather for my XD, and that is exactly what happens. The distance the Serpa stands out is actualy a good thing, as I can get a light jacket tucked behind my gun without it bunching up to much and getting in the way. I am not realy thick myself, so unless I use my IWB holster with a big shirt I am not so much concealing as I am covering up. That's just one more reason to OC in my book.

    Sounds like the serpa will work great for OC, which is what I'll be getting it for. My galco leather "concealable belt holster" works great under a jacket and such.

    So doesblackhawk advertise their serpa holster as concealable?

    EDIT: So uhh I go to the blackhawk website, and there's a link down in the lower right corner that says "concealable holsters". The link takes you to a page with the Serpa holsters. I find this a little odd, considering the first two holsters on the list are thigh rigs.....


  12. #12
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    That cracks me up they call it a conceal holster. I love my Serpa, wear it everyday but it isn't a very good conceal holster. It hangs a little low too, so even when covered with a winter coat the bottom of the holster will peak out from under my coat.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    Went outside and shot these photos to show sone of the ways I have CC'd with my SERPA and a full size 1911.



    Here is with a sweatshirt.



    The danger of the sweatshirt. Put that arm up to a 90 degree angle and OOOPS! HOLSTER!



    Dickies brand work clothing has Work Shirts that I purchased in Large - I'm 6'1 and 175ish. First one is a Tan Short Sleeve, and the second a Black Long Sleeve.





    Just a plaid work coat/shirt. Something I picked up on a closeout rack somewhere. I can't remember the brand. Work off the tag.





    Wearing my Columbia Rain Jacket - Size Large.



    Here is what it looks inside for guestimations regarding where the bottom of the holster is to the coat. The coat does have a cinch string in it that I use to hold in place. Not tight enough to impede speed of draw but enough to hold it more over the gun.





    And how I OC with that jacket.



    Hopefully that will give some more ideas to supplement the pictures posted by Kastaway.



  14. #14
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    lol Bourne, you're a little skinner than I am, and that gun looks HUGE in those pics.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    I guess that would explain why it is difficult for me to conceal it very well. Thank God for OC!

  16. #16
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    God I hate to do this in so many posts, but photobucket sucks... and besides, anyone who thinks that having the most posts in an online forum is dumb anyway...

    But here they are:

    Standarad OC setup with SERPA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    In my Columbia Pullover. I wear this most of the time when it's chilly. There is definitely a bulge, but wearing it in about the 3 o clock position makes it pretty hard to detect unless your looking for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #18
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Here's me in my leather jacket with my arm up at a 90o angle. As you can see, no holster!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #19
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    This jacket, which I wear when it's raining out or not cool enough for the sweater or the leather jacket, covers it when my arms are down, but as you can see, when they are lifted for any reason, there be a gun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    What kind of weapon is that?

    I have a Springfield XD-9 Service -- the XD holsters are shorter than the Glock 20/21 holsters which are MUCH shorter than their 1911 counterparts. So, I think I'll be in good shape...

  21. #21
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Many try to say that the SERPA is very concealable with nearly any cover garment, but at least for me and my handgun, a baggy sweater is the bare minimum I would trust to conceal it.

    Overshirts and the like just don't cover the butt which protrudes for several reasons: my gut, the weight of the gun, the width of the gun, etc...

    As bourne showed, however, some people with slimmer guns can defeinitely conceal it as effectively as any other OWB holster. For me and my XD though, we normally use the IWB method for CC.

  22. #22
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Wynder wrote:
    What kind of weapon is that?

    I have a Springfield XD-9 Service -- the XD holsters are shorter than the Glock 20/21 holsters which are MUCH shorter than their 1911 counterparts. So, I think I'll be in good shape...
    You have a very discerning eye from that distance... but not spot on...hehe

    It's actually the XD .45 Compact. Same length as the .45 Service 4'' model, but with a shorter grip (only holds 10+1 vs. 13+1). Way to spot the XD by only looking at the top of the frame though:celebrate.

  23. #23
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    I figured it looked like one -- the rear sights looked familliar.

  24. #24
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    340

    Post imported post

    vmathis, just curious, which way are the bullets pointed in your spare mag? rear or forward?

  25. #25
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    IdahoCorsair wrote:
    vmathis, just curious, which way are the bullets pointed in your spare mag? rear or forward?
    Yyyeah it does look like his mag is backwards, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •