• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picture of your Blackhawk SERPA in Concealed Mode?

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Many try to say that the SERPA is very concealable with nearly any cover garment, but at least for me and my handgun, a baggy sweater is the bare minimum I would trust to conceal it.

Overshirts and the like just don't cover the butt which protrudes for several reasons: my gut, the weight of the gun, the width of the gun, etc...

As bourne showed, however, some people with slimmer guns can defeinitely conceal it as effectively as any other OWB holster. For me and my XD though, we normally use the IWB method for CC.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Wynder wrote:
What kind of weapon is that?

I have a Springfield XD-9 Service -- the XD holsters are shorter than the Glock 20/21 holsters which are MUCH shorter than their 1911 counterparts. So, I think I'll be in good shape...

You have a very discerning eye from that distance... but not spot on...hehe

It's actually the XD .45 Compact. Same length as the .45 Service 4'' model, but with a shorter grip (only holds 10+1 vs. 13+1). Way to spot the XD by only looking at the top of the frame though:celebrate.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

vmathis, just curious, which way are the bullets pointed in your spare mag? rear or forward?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
vmathis, just curious, which way are the bullets pointed in your spare mag? rear or forward?
Yyyeah it does look like his mag is backwards, doesn't it?

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Looking at the picture, it definitely does look like its backwards. I had just grabbed it out of my backpack/range bag and probably just through it into the empty pouch without paying it any attention. I don't carry it like that normally.