• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here we go again

BarryKirk

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Gee, I guess we haven't figured out that shootings occur at victim disarmement zones.

And as usual, the shooter committed suicide.

So how do you stop somebody who is intent on committing suicide from taking others with him? How about denying him easy targets.

You may even save the shooters life. If your eating your gun, the success rate for a fatal shot is really high. Whereas, if somebody else takes down the shooter, there is a good possibility of the shooter surviving.

Of course, I believe that all human life is sacred. The use of lethal force is perfectly justified when people's lives are in imminent danger. The moment the threat is neutralized, the use of lethal force is no longer justified.

Kelly J

imported post

BarryKirk wrote:
Gee, I guess we haven't figured out that shootings occur at victim disarmement zones.

So how do you stop somebody who is intent on committing suicide from taking others with him? How about denying him easy targets.

You may even save the shooters life. If your eating your gun, the success rate for a fatal shot is really high. Whereas, if somebody else takes down the shooter, there is a good possibility of the shooter surviving.

Of course, I believe that all human life is sacred. The use of lethal force is perfectly justified when people's lives are in imminent danger. The moment the threat is neutralized, the use of lethal force is no longer justified.

A woman was before the Court for sentencing in a murder trial, the judge asker her why she shot her husband 15 times, she replied he kept moving.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BarryKirk wrote:

anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

You are kidding, right?

Best one of the day...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

BarryKirk,

They will also occur in "armed" zones, so in addition to"suicide by cop" we will have "suicide by armed citizen."

Shootings can happen ANYWHERE, it's just that presentlythey are usually at gun-free-zones.

So expect it to happen and just oblige the shooter(s)as soon as possible.

-- John D.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Kelly J wrote:
BarryKirk wrote:

A woman was before the Court for sentencing in a murder trial, the judge asker her why she shot her husband 15 times, she replied he kept moving.
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

shooter_tx

imported post

HankT wrote:
BarryKirk wrote:
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

You are kidding, right?

Best one of the day...
Hey, what's the rationale/justification of the antis?

"If it saves just one life," right? ;)

imperialism2024

imported post

shooter_tx wrote:
HankT wrote:
BarryKirk wrote:
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

You are kidding, right?

Best one of the day...

That reminds me a little of my assertion that the use of guns in crimes is much more humane than the other option of a killer using a knife or blunt object to kill someone... Hell, whenever I'm forced to go to New York, I bear in mind that I'd rather be shot in the head with a .45 and die instantly than get stabbed 85 times with a dull knife and then whacked with a piece of wood until I bleed to death.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
shooter_tx wrote:
HankT wrote:
BarryKirk wrote:
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

You are kidding, right?

Best one of the day...

That reminds me a little of my assertion that the use of guns in crimes is much more humane than the other option of a killer using a knife or blunt object to kill someone... Hell, whenever I'm forced to go to New York, I bear in mind that I'd rather be shot in the head with a .45 and die instantly than get stabbed 85 times with a dull knife and then whacked with a piece of wood until I bleed to death.

And what would you prefer in places other than New York? Just curious.

BarryKirk

Opt-Out Members
imported post

HankT wrote:
BarryKirk wrote:

anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

You are kidding, right?

Best one of the day...

Actually, I wasn't kidding. I consider human life to be sacred.

Now, while the shooter is still a lethal threat, lethal force is justified to stop him. Therefore, any law abiding adult should be allowed to carry in schools.

Since life is sacred, it should be the duty of every citizen to protect their fellow citizens and in the case of a school shooting, those citizen's should have the obligation and means to engage and neutrilize the threat.

Once the threat is neutrilized, saving the shooters life is a positive goal for many reasons.

The survivors of the shooting including families and members of the community have been severly traumatized. With the shooter dead, a lot of loose ends have been left. Some people need a public trial to help them find closure. But with the shooter dead, those survivors have been denied a trial.

I'm not under the illusion that the shooter can be re-integrated back into society at some later date and I'm not necessarily against the death penalty in these cases. When people have been so badly hurt by the shooter, some of them need to find closure in a court of law.

Please let me know if I've read the situation wrong.