• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

concealed carry undershirt

ffr1910

imported post

I saw somewhere in the recent past a concealed carry undershirt. I am not talking about the one that has a holster pocket on the outside of the garment under your armpit with the velcro strap. This one had a pocket made into it that placed your weapon under you armpit but you had a slit to place your hand into to retrieve it, Does this ring a bell with anyone? I did a search and could not find anything, thank you for any help,

ffr1910

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Yep, agent19 posted the one I was thinking of, too. I have two of those, a white one and a black one. They work very well for medium and small framed handguns. While you can also comfortably fit a large framed handgun in there, there's a greater risk of the gun falling out if you bend forward (like when lifting the toilet seat up). :lol:

pkbites

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Yep, agent19 posted the one I was thinking of, too. I have two of those, a white one and a black one. They work very well for medium and small framed handguns. While you can also comfortably fit a large framed handgun in there, there's a greater risk of the gun falling out if you bend forward (like when lifting the toilet seat up). :lol:

Could you give me a little more info on your experience with them?

How are they in the summer. I'm talking July and August heat. Comfortable?

How well would a baby Glock work in one? (Glock 26/27).

Does one need to wear another shirt over it to hide the bulge?

Is it comfortable for at least 10 hours of carry?

I appreciate any extra info. Thanks!:)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well I got your PM asking the same questions before I read this thread, so I sent you all the answers that way. In case anyone else reading this might be curious, I'll summarize on here.

Over all the shirts have done very well. They are tight-stretchy shirts similiar to underarmor, and are made to be tight to the body when worn. This keeps the weapon close to the body, preventing it from swinging or sagging. It also provides a certain level of retention. Some people may find a tight-fitting shirt uncomfortable, but I personally don't mind. After a whole day of wearing it, though, you kinda have to peel it off :). It does breathe well and wicks moisture like shirts made of similiar materials.

Like I said before about gun size, most small or medium framed handguns will work fine. Auto's will work better than revolvers, and single-stack better than staggered or double. A full-sized handgun will fit and carry well, but the velcro that holds the pouch closed might give-way under pressure (like when bending over) because of the weight of the larger gun, and because of the angle at which a larger gun sits in the pouch. With that in mind, I do still comfortably carry my SW99 on a regular basis, making sure to press my arm against the gun when bending over or making sudden movements.

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

DreQo wrote:
Use your boot toe to lift the seat.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ford Truck wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Use your boot toe to lift the seat.
Yeeah since that incident I've figured out how to lift the seat safely :D.