• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Philadelphia?

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

§ 6108. Carrying firearms on public streets or public property
in Philadelphia.
No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time
upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of
the first class unless:
(1) such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or
(2) such person is exempt from licensing under section
6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried
without a license).
Code:

Jersey Ron

imported post

thanks PA Patriot! I'm aware of that statute. I just mis-read what imperialism2004 was stating. he was 100% correct because he said valid PA LTCF OR EQUIVALENT. it was completely my fault.

TrueBrit

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
thanks PA Patriot! I'm aware of that statute. I just mis-read what imperialism2004 was stating. he was 100% correct because he said valid PA LTCF OR EQUIVALENT. it was completely my fault.

Completely off topic, but,good to see you back, Ron! I was afraid that you had either fallen foul of the Sopranos, or somestrange newspecies of federal ninja that the so called War on Terror has spawned!

TrueBrit.

Jersey Ron

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:

Completely off topic, but,good to see you back, Ron! I was afraid that you had either fallen foul of the Sopranos, or somestrange newspecies of federal ninja that the so called War on Terror has spawned!

TrueBrit.
Too funny!! Nice to be back TrueBrit! After the "spanking" I took from our Super Moderator about something off topic I had to go in "Time-Out". Nice to hear from you too!

Jersey Ron

imported post

I would but as a resident of NJ getting a LTCF from PA is nearly impossible because they only give permits to non-residents if the non-resident has a permit from his/her own state. And that just ain't happening in NJ!!! Dude, it took me 10 weeks just to get my F.I.D card. I had to write the chief of police and remind him that the statute CLEARLY says they have 30 days to grant or deny the card. Then I also had to pay an additional $5.00 for a permit to purchase a handgun which is only good for 90 days. Jersey is a trip!!!!!

Jersey Ron