• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Man swinging bottle shot by driver at Highway 2 rest area"

protector84

imported post

Notice how the troll referred to the shooter as "they" and "them." I suppose all of the millions of gun owners are responsible over the slaying of a nut by another nut. Not to mention we don't even know whether or not he actually died.

expvideo

imported post

nickerj1 wrote:
Demarest wrote:
Typical anti. If they had some merit to argue, they wouldn't need the use of "look at me" text.

Is Washington an Effort-to-Retreat state, or is it a Stand-Your-Ground state? If it is a Stand-Your-Ground state then the man acted well within his right.

And if it is an Effort-to-Retreat state, is there an exception for property and, even more relevant, vehicles? Some states don't require you to attempt to retreat from/with your vehicle if being attacked in it because, for all intents and purposes, it is considered a mobile abode.
There's no effort-to-retreat statute that I'm aware of. Still, I think he should have tried before shooting the guy.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I am used to the laws in my home state. NC is one of those weird states where self defense force cannot exceed assault force, unless your life is in serious danger and you have no way to retreat. It would be hard to justify shooting someone from inside your car when allhe had was a bottle. I don't even think I can justify it without additional information. However, had he pulled the gun and not used it, the hitchhiker would have remembered his plate # andcalled 911 to report abrandishing.Life is full of hard choices. Let's hope this man can live with the one he made.