Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Post imported post

So today I rode my bicycle to work again on my way home I am stopped at the same crosswalk and coming the other direction is a Everett officer stopped at the same light. He is at the front of the line at his light so there are no cars in front of him to block his view of the Sig 220 OC on my right hip. My light turns green and I ride across the crosswalk and as I pass on his passenger side he gives a friendly wave and drives on.

:celebrate

Now thats what I'm talking about! thats the kind of reply to an OC'er that I like to see from LE. Whats more, about a mile further a state patrol car drives past me I see his head pivot momentarily to look at me then he continues on his way.

Post imported post

Good job! Sounds like a much better experience than last time!

Post imported post

Now you should try with the gun in your avatar

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    ROFL!!!

Yeah, but that might allow them to stop him to verify that he's carrying his $200 ATF tax stamp. Not sure what the federal laws say on Terry stops with regards to Class 3 weapons.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

Way Kewl!

State Researcher

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    expvideo wrote:
    ROFL!!!

Yeah, but that might allow them to stop him to verify that he's carrying his $200 ATF tax stamp. Not sure what the federal laws say on Terry stops with regards to Class 3 weapons.
    ONLY the ATF can demand to see that paperwork. Might be pushing our good image a bit to OC with a silencer on it... but I'm all for it.

Post imported post

I do carry the GUN in my avatar but I usually leavethe silencer in my safe, Although I have a separate holster built for the silencer and I have carried it concealed a couple times on myleft hip while carrying my SIG 220 combat OC on my right hip.

ETA: I always carry a copy of my tax stamp in my wallet.

Post imported post

I'm a fan of the p220. I used to carry one. Now I carry the 226 in 9mm. It took a little getting used to the idea of having a smaller bullet, but I'm more confident with my accuracy with the 9mm. Plus it's cheaper to practice with. I was just up there at Sam'slast weekend practicing with my fiancee. Turns out I needed the practice because I was all over the paper for the first 30 rnds or so! She was pretty dead on as usual Oh well. She wanted to try out her new finger-groove rubber grips on her Bersa Thunder 380. I don't know if I've mentioned before how much I love that gun, but... I love that gun.

It's too bad you have to have a membership to shoot rifles on your range, because I'm finally picking up an AK! I'm a traitor though... I bought it at Wades :P

Post imported post

Bummer, we are getting in some yugo under folders. Pristine!! Stainless bolts, very tightI am buying one for myself. What day were you in, I work every day but sunday and wednesday.

Post imported post

Exp, just drive on up to Arlington Regional. We'll let you shoot your AK as much as you want.

Post imported post

Hey BluesBear How late are you open, I may come up ther with a couple friends to do some rifle shooting. I would do it here but my friends are not members so they cannot shoot rifles here even when they are with me.

Post imported post

Open until9 every night except Sunday and then it's 6.

I'll be there tonight (Saturday) after I get back from Puyallupand next Tuesday 4-9. Not sure after that. Let me know what night you want to come up and I'll be sure to drop by.

Post imported post

I was in last saturday. I went to the range with my fiancee, and then checked out the romanian underfolder on the wall and showed it to her. We had a green metal box full of our shooting supplies.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Thought about an AK folder, but didn't like the way they fit me. Probably should buy one just because. Am rather happy with my Yugo SKS though. So at least I still have an evil scary semi auto with a bayonet a *horrors* a grenade launcher:what:

Maybe an AK pistol though... heheh, I can see myself carrying THAT with a 75 round drum in it....

Steve

Post imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
    So today I rode my bicycle to work again on my way home I am stopped at the same crosswalk and coming the other direction is a Everett officer stopped at the same light...
    Out of curiousity, what part of Washington is that (i.e., Eastern, Western, etc.)?

Post imported post

Western. North of Seattle on I-5
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

I did my own little bit of OCing in Everett today. My wife got this craving for Cheese Blintzes... so talked me into going to IHOP in N Everett. We picked up my 25 year old daugher and had breakfast (at dinner time). Not a word was said and I didn;t even notice anyone staring this time.

Next Stop.. QFC on Broadway so my Wife and Daughter could pick up some stuff. The place was filled with EPD and EFD. They had someone in the front in handcuffs, as well as an aid car and full pumper truck. I was a little nervous, but again, not a word was said.

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    I I was a little nervous, but again, not a word was said.
    But you should NOT be nervous. When people are nervous they often act suspicious. Police officers are trained to look for people acting nervous and/or suspicious.

Just go about your business like nothing's wrong because nothing is wrong. You're just a regular person doing regular stuff. The fact that you are carrying a firearm shouldn't matter to anyone else much less yourself.

After all it's your right. So stop being nervous about it.

Post imported post

I was just talking to a buddy of mine ( a Sargent with Everett PD ) He confirmed that indeed the department had been notified of my existence and the order given to not contact me again regarding me and my gun. It was funny because the first he heard of it was when responding to a OC call at the bowling alley. Apparently the description ruffly matched mine and so officers were radioing the responders to check if the subject had a barcode tattooed on the back of his head before contacting him to make sure it wasn't me.

Post imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
    Apparently the description ruffly matched mine and so officers were radioing the responders to check if the subject had a barcode tattooed on the back of his head before contacting him to make sure it wasn't me.
    ROFLMFAO!!!

Outstanding. Hopefully this means they're half a step away from a training bulletin.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

If the word is getting out like this, maybe they don't need a training bulletin.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Sounds to me like you have to have a barcode tatooed on your head in order to not get stopped by them.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

But then you have to shave the "dome" for the bar-code to be readable.

Post imported post

LOL. If I was going to do that I would probably have the phrase "please give dispatch the following bar code" on my head too.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Everett PD DID issue a training bulletin (Training Bulletin2007-06) regarding open carry on March 13, 2007.

However that same training bulletin says under the topic: General Rules for Possession of Firearms

• CANNOT possess a silencer.

Well, at least they got part of it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast