• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Agent 47

imported post

So today I rode my bicycle to work again on my way home I am stopped at the same crosswalk and coming the other direction is a Everett officer stopped at the same light. He is at the front of the line at his light so there are no cars in front of him to block his view of the Sig 220 OC on my right hip. My light turns green and I ride across the crosswalk and as I pass on his passenger side he gives a friendly wave and drives on.

:celebrate

Now thats what I'm talking about! thats the kind of reply to an OC'er that I like to see from LE. Whats more, about a mile further a state patrol car drives past me I see his head pivot momentarily to look at me then he continues on his way. :cool:

just_a_car

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Now you should try with the gun in your avatar :D
ROFL!!!

Yeah, but that might allow them to stop him to verify that he's carrying his $200 ATF tax stamp. Not sure what the federal laws say on Terry stops with regards to Class 3 weapons.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Now you should try with the gun in your avatar :D
ROFL!!!

Yeah, but that might allow them to stop him to verify that he's carrying his $200 ATF tax stamp. Not sure what the federal laws say on Terry stops with regards to Class 3 weapons.
ONLY the ATF can demand to see that paperwork. Might be pushing our good image a bit to OC with a silencer on it... but I'm all for it.

Agent 47

imported post

I do carry the GUN in my avatar but I usually leavethe silencer in my safe, Although I have a separate holster built for the silencer and I have carried it concealed a couple times on myleft hip while carrying my SIG 220 combat OC on my right hip. :cool:

ETA: I always carry a copy of my tax stamp in my wallet.

expvideo

imported post

I'm a fan of the p220. I used to carry one. Now I carry the 226 in 9mm. It took a little getting used to the idea of having a smaller bullet, but I'm more confident with my accuracy with the 9mm. Plus it's cheaper to practice with. I was just up there at Sam'slast weekend practicing with my fiancee. Turns out I needed the practice because I was all over the paper for the first 30 rnds or so! She was pretty dead on as usual :cry: Oh well. She wanted to try out her new finger-groove rubber grips on her Bersa Thunder 380. I don't know if I've mentioned before how much I love that gun, but... I love that gun.

It's too bad you have to have a membership to shoot rifles on your range, because I'm finally picking up an AK! I'm a traitor though... I bought it at Wades :p

Agent 47

imported post

Bummer, we are getting in some yugo under folders. Pristine!! Stainless bolts, very tightI am buying one for myself. ;)What day were you in, I work every day but sunday and wednesday.

Agent 47

imported post

Hey BluesBear How late are you open, I may come up ther with a couple friends to do some rifle shooting. I would do it here but my friends are not members so they cannot shoot rifles here even when they are with me. :cuss::banghead:

BluesBear

imported post

Open until9 every night except Sunday and then it's 6.

I'll be there tonight (Saturday) after I get back from Puyallupand next Tuesday 4-9. Not sure after that. Let me know what night you want to come up and I'll be sure to drop by.

expvideo

imported post

I was in last saturday. I went to the range with my fiancee, and then checked out the romanian underfolder on the wall and showed it to her. We had a green metal box full of our shooting supplies.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Thought about an AK folder, but didn't like the way they fit me. Probably should buy one just because. Am rather happy with my Yugo SKS though. So at least I still have an evil scary semi auto with a bayonet a *horrors* a grenade launcher:what:

Maybe an AK pistol though... heheh, I can see myself carrying THAT with a 75 round drum in it....:cool:

Steve

Forty-five

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
So today I rode my bicycle to work again on my way home I am stopped at the same crosswalk and coming the other direction is a Everett officer stopped at the same light...
Out of curiousity, what part of Washington is that (i.e., Eastern, Western, etc.)?

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I did my own little bit of OCing in Everett today. My wife got this craving for Cheese Blintzes... so talked me into going to IHOP in N Everett. We picked up my 25 year old daugher and had breakfast (at dinner time). Not a word was said and I didn;t even notice anyone staring this time.

Next Stop.. QFC on Broadway so my Wife and Daughter could pick up some stuff. The place was filled with EPD and EFD. They had someone in the front in handcuffs, as well as an aid car and full pumper truck. I was a little nervous, but again, not a word was said.

BluesBear

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
I I was a little nervous, but again, not a word was said.

But you should NOT be nervous. When people are nervous they often act suspicious. Police officers are trained to look for people acting nervous and/or suspicious.

Just go about your business like nothing's wrong because nothing is wrong. You're just a regular person doing regular stuff. The fact that you are carrying a firearm shouldn't matter to anyone else much less yourself.

After all it's your right. So stop being nervous about it.

Agent 47

imported post

I was just talking to a buddy of mine ( a Sargent with Everett PD ) He confirmed that indeed the department had been notified of my existence and the order given to not contact me again regarding me and my gun. It was funny because the first he heard of it was when responding to a OC call at the bowling alley. Apparently the description ruffly matched mine and so officers were radioing the responders to check if the subject had a barcode tattooed on the back of his head before contacting him to make sure it wasn't me. :cool:

just_a_car

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
Apparently the description ruffly matched mine and so officers were radioing the responders to check if the subject had a barcode tattooed on the back of his head before contacting him to make sure it wasn't me. :cool:

ROFLMFAO!!!

Outstanding. Hopefully this means they're half a step away from a training bulletin.