• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When is concealed carry not concealed?

freesoul

imported post

Is there any PA statute that references this? Say if the gun protrudes out from my shirt or accidentally exposed when I bend over. I have a PA LTCF. Can I get in trouble for this accidental behavior?

TIA, :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

freesoul wrote:
Is there any PA statute that references this? Say if the gun protrudes out from my shirt or accidentally exposed when I bend over. I have a PA LTCF. Can I get in trouble for this accidental behavior?

TIA, :)

In the State of Utah...No.

LEO's here DOES understand that your cover Shirt/Vest/Jacket can by accident expose the holster but not the gun really. Just make sure that you have a cover at least 2 inches longer down than the Holster. Just my suggestion. If you have CFP you should be Ok in MY experience.

imperialism2024

imported post

It pretty much comes down to the "L"EO that sees it or responds to it. If you have a LTCF from PA, open carry is legal everywhere that concealed carry is legal. The only people that open/concealed carry legally affects are those who carry without a PA LTCF. Though, that's not to say that an "L"EO won't harass you about it. You can just rest somewhat comfortably knowing that you're legal.

You might want to take a look at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/3208.html for a little discussion on it.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

OP wrote, "I have a PA LTCF. Can I get in trouble for this accidental behavior?"

Open carry is not illegal throughout the Commonwealth, except in Philadelphia where one must have an LTCF in order to do so.

Since you already have an LTCF, you can either open carry or concealed carry anywhere in the Commonwealth - it doesn't matter. If you're carrying concealed and the handgun is accidentally exposed, it doesn't matter. You've got an LTCF, so you're covered, even if the handgun isn't.