• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Just on vacation here in West Yellow Stone want to say hello and greetings from Utah. Not sure of OC outside of my State trying to avoid problems so it's CC till I get back to Utah So Greetings

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Hah, if I had the money or less debt I'd own my own house here. Getting more and more expensive as time goes on! My own house and a few more guns, gotta have the guns!

Catherine

imported post

Hello,

I don't know if you have a 'Montana Club' restaurant over there or not. I have not eaten in Bozeman very often but the M.C. here in Missoula, Montana does not get upset if you open carry. Most restaurants don't care - nothing has been said to us about OC. I have eaten there with one other person and a group of men after our private 'shooting events' @ Deer Creek - no problem whatever. The last time that I ate there was before Christmas time and there was no problem with open carry folks.

When we head towards Bozeman, we are usually in Livingston with friends, his work and/or on our way for some other travel plans. No open carry problems in Livingston at all.

Gary's book is a good one to read. We know Gary well especially my groom who was born and raised here in Montana. My groom's side = many generations here in Western and NW Montana right below B.C., Canada.

Please try to get involved in the Montana Shooting Sports Association and join up. MSSA is a no nonsense, TRUE, pro gun rights organization. There is a lot going on in the state capitol right now too. Check it out! Thank you.

http://www.mtssa.org/

If you ever get over this way, Deer Creek is a very nice range too.

http://www.wmfg.org/

I don't like to see some people come in and change things (Make them anti gun and tons more.) to make their new place (MT, ID, WY, AK,etc.) like their FORMER state either. I am a 'transplant' widow lady to Montana. Not from CA - good and bad people in ALL places. East coast born/raised and lived in farm/lake country for 30 some years until my late husband died of cancer. The CCW gun laws back there (HIS home state not mine.) were not changed until AFTER I moved out here after his death. That was from a so called 'conservative' state but the former Governor was a Rino and neo con artist. He was just as bad as some of the other anti gunners from the other side.

The ONLY way that we can fight the anti gun agenda is to support who we believe in for a TRUE pro gun organization and do our duty in being active in calls, letters, email letters, etc. That does NOT always work though. The more that people OPEN CARRY which I think should be a national requirement (Ha!) - the more people will get over the LIES and FEARS from seeing, gasp, a GUN.

Sincerely,

Catherine
Armed and Female
Montana Territory
MSSA Member

Catherine

imported post

Thank you very much for the welcome.

I was going to say one other thing here.

I hope that the CCW laws change too. We don't drink (We are not objecting to people who do!) and if we go to a restaurant that serves alcohol or whatever... that is a pain in the butt if that specific day he concealed carry too. My groom carries BOTH ways - open and concealed. Sometimes HE conceals. It depends on his day too.

I personally think that there should be NO restrictions for open or conceal or ANY kind of carry according to the Second Amendment. I tend to be more 'radical' in my thoughts about the TRUE meaning of the God given right to self defense for ALL people worldwide and especially here in the US of A according to what our Founding Fathers meant with the Second Amendment.

Catherine
A Constitution Lady

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I have a feeling the CC laws are gonna change here before too long. I've been in email contact with Mr. Krayton Kerns, the sponser for HB-228 and have been keeping an eye on the bill. Things look pretty dang good so far! I'm being highly optimistic regarding it!!

And by the way, Welcome to the site!!

JBinMontana

imported post

You are so true... my wife does not carry at all, I wish she would be that is her choice.

While having breakfast with my wife this morning at Perkins, I removed my outter coat and my .45 was exposed. No issues with anyone, and what is nice the owner is very pro 2nd Amendment.

Catherine

imported post

Sometimes when I open carry... I use my black webbed fabric shoulder holster (Uncle Mike's.) although when I had another gun - I used a leather shoulder holster that belonged to my groom. It fit my gun well.

Most of the time I use a Triple K leather 'cowboy' belt and Triple K holster or holsters. One gun or two guns.

I use this year round. It fits over my winter ranch/woods type of coat in cold weather. It fits under it too. I use it 'OVER' 95% of the time - it is OVER for easy access.

I use this with shorts and t shirt in good weather too. It is a VERY comfortable set up for me especially since I go to way OFF the beaten path places in ALL weather.

Catherine

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I was rather shocked JB, when the three of us were in there no-one said anything to us. I would have thought that cute waitress (I mean that with the utmost respect) would have at least asked a question about it! Craig saw it and didn't mind it either! He's good people too, I've always liked him!

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Definitely, Mt-Gunny said he wants to do it again since he's getting bored and wants to go out again! Personally, I think he needs a girlfriend but that's just me. I say that cause I need one too!! LOL!!