• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I saw a unicorn at the VCC Ukrops- was that you?

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I was open carrying at the VCC Ukrops in Henrico today around 5:30 p.m. and saw a fellow open carrier!The Unicornwas a middle-aged white male dressed casually (no tie or anything like that) and he picked up a prescription at the pharmacy then left without buying anything else. I hoped to catch his eye by hovering nearby a couple times, and thusmaybe meet one of my fellow posters, but did not.

Interestingly,a boy of about 7 or 8 years old saw my gun in line and looked a bit concerned. He stared for a couple minutes, saying nothing until his younger sister (about 5 or 6) got very near me, then hepulledhis mom in close and started whispering to her. She turned to me and smiled and said "he saw your gun, and he was worried about it, I told him you were a police officer". I briefly explained that I was not, and she turned to her sonand said "usually only good guys wear guns you can see". I said "that's very true" then turned to him and told him he did a great job being aware of his surroundings. I thought it was very sweet of him to become more concerned only when his little sister got closer to me.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

+1 for parents,and little boy, thats awsome she seemed to be pro-gun,or at least not an anti. And looking out for his sister, somebody buy that kid a milkshake!

And awsome to hear a unicorn was spotted, wonder what the folks at ukrops were thinking...two people in their store OCing:shock:

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Apparently you have found a pasture where unicorns like to graze....

Scheetz

imported post

Good for the little boy being aware. It seems most people are seen by children as their eyes are level with our holsters.

I saw a woman and her daughter coming into Starbucks not to long ago. The mother was OCing. Unfortunatly, once she got out of the car she placed her handgun in the trunk. :cuss: I did not talk to her as I figured this was her way of not being bothered. I doubt she noticed my OC as I was sitting down in one of their comfy armchairs.

kle

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
lol we(bunch of folks) should go up there and OC for a bit,then hit up a starbucks or something
And by "hit up" you mean "patronize" of course =) Mmm...Hot Cocoa....

sjhipple

imported post

The fact that people always assume OCers are cops shows how far this nation has gone in expecting others to protect what they should be protecting themselves.

Hmmm...maybe if I buy this shirt, people will stop making that mistake:

attachment.php

Ghettokracker71

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
The fact that people always assume OCers are cops shows how far this nation has gone in expecting others to protect what they should be protecting themselves.

Hmmm...maybe if I buy this shirt, people will stop making that mistake:

attachment.php
pic no work

kle

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
That's odd. It works for me. It's a t-shirt thatsays:

"COP WATCH: policing the police"
I think you still have a cookie for copwatch saying you're logged in, so it works for you. The rest of us aren't members of that forum, so we don't have that cookie, and it doesn't work for us.