• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane???

G

imported post

Any input on how the attitudes towards Open Carry go in Spokane County. I am thinking of moving there.

Dave

G27

imported post

If I remember correctly it wasn't too friendly at all. But I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's legal in Washington, not too much they can do about it besides harress you and even then they are in the wrong.

BluesBear

imported post

G27 wrote:
...not too much they can do about it besides harress you and even then they are in the wrong.

There's quite a bit they can do if they put their minds to it. Will it be right, lawful or above board? Hell no. But face it, they can make your life very unpleasant if they really want to. It all depends on how high up the same sentiments run in the local gummint.

The concept of innocent until proven guilty is noble and just. Unfortunately is really doesn't work that way in real life. All to often it's the innocent who has to do most of the proving. And proving either guilt or innocence costs money. Sometimes lots of money. Here in Western Washington we are VERY lucky that we have, for the most part, good government and as such we've been able to gain ground. There are still places in the USA where all of this would be an extremely rough row to hoe.

You have to play it smart and choose your battles carefully. That way we can all win in the long run.

Bear's Fourth Law Of Life© (BLOL4) states;To survive and succeed in life it's not whose ass you kiss that's important, it's who you avoid pissing off.©1985, ©2004GBD all rights reserved

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

G27 wrote:
not too much they can do about it besides harress you and even then they are in the wrong.

Or harass you and then admit you broke no laws, and then suggest that they only acted "per policy" I would think eastern washington would be OC friendly though. Kinda surprising Spokane is so touchy about it.

Steve

G

imported post

Kind of strange on how views are different from one region of the State to another especially when what I consider for the most part that Puget Sound is quite liberal compared to points East i.e. Spokane. Spokane iswhat I would percieve as a conservative region of the State.

Do you see the irony in this????

Dave

amlevin

imported post

Dukester wrote:
Kind of strange on how views are different from one region of the State to another especially when what I consider for the most part that Puget Sound is quite liberal compared to points East i.e. Spokane. Spokane iswhat I would percieve as a conservative region of the State.

Do you see the irony in this????

Dave
If you have ever done any business in the Spokane Area you will find that it's conservative base is from the churches. The churches don't like guns.

BluesBear

imported post

amlevin wrote:
The churches don't like guns.

I still have a problem with that attitude. I guess it comes from baing raised in the south. I still rememberKentucky in the '90s when the churches pushed for a change in the then new CCDW law that would allow Ministers and other church officials to carry IN church.

Back in the '70s & '80s (long before there was lawful CCDW in Kentucky) I remember my preacher asking me and the other police officers if wecarried to church services. He said he wouldfell safer if we did.

amlevin

imported post

The Churches in Spokane are a far cry from most Southern Churches. Remember that Spokane is home to Gonzaga University, a Jesuit College. I did business in Spokane for over 15 years. The saying was "If the Church don't want it, it isn't going to happen".