• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Neighbor holds 4 suspects at gunpoint

mzbk2l

imported post

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1012abrk-houserobbery-1011-ON.html

Neighbor holds 4 suspects at gunpoint
C. J. Marsh
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 12, 2007 01:57 PM

Mesa police arrested a man and three teenagers after a woman noticed them removing items from her neighbor's home Thursday evening, according to a police report.

A witness across from the house in the 3000 block of East Hampton saw four people carrying items out of her neighbor's home about 9:45 p.m, police said.

The suspects placed the stolen items in the home's driveway and later moved them to the trunk of a car. As the robbers prepared to drive away, the witness's boyfriend confronted them at gunpoint. The man ordered the robbers to exit the vehicle and detained them until police arrived, the report stated.

James L. Roberson, Jr., 21, told police one of the juveniles he was with needed to pick up some items from a friend's house and asked him for a ride. Roberson said he drove the three teenagers, two of them 15 and one 16, to the residence, where they began removing household items.

Roberson and the three juveniles were arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary.

Demarest

imported post

Aww, where's the obligatory police spokesman, "We're glad everything turned out alright, but we don't encourage citizens to 'take the law into their own hands.'"

This is how things used to get done. I'm glad somebody was willing to stand up for their neighbor's sake.