Thread: Sneeze And You're a Dead Man

Post imported post

Texas homeowner uses 12 gauge to stop burglars.

[flash=320,256]http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=abc_119223564 4[/flash]

Post imported post

What kind of news report is that? No nonsense about "taking the law into his own hands"? No interviews of the diaper-wetting "neighbor from a mile away who think that it scares them when a man defends his home? Actual praise for home-sefense? How can these people call themselves reporters?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    What kind of news report is that? No nonsense about "taking the law into his own hands"? No interviews of the diaper-wetting "neighbor from a mile away who think that it scares them when a man defends his home? Actual praise for home-sefense? How can these people call themselves reporters?
    They way it should be with unbiased, truthful reporting. Yet he did use the threat of deadly force to protect his property. This might be okay in Texas but here in Virginia there might be ....errr....some complications.
    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

It is legal in Texas - especially since it was NIGHT time.

Post imported post

carlson1 wrote:
    It is legal in Texas - especially since it was NIGHT time.
    Yeah, Texas is different. I can't figure out why anyone would be a night time burglar in Texas....

Post imported post

Texas recently enacted a Castle Doctrine along with a Stand Your Ground Law. In Texas, you can use deadly force to protect youself, other persons or property in your homes, vehicles or in ANY PLACE WHERE YOU MAY LAWFULLY BE. Day or night no longer has anything to do with it. Governor Perry said upon signing the bill into law that he was proud to give the people of Texas this much deserved ability to defend themselves, other persons and their property. The law also gives immunity from Civil Law Suit in any justified shooting. If my memory serves, the law went into effect July 1 of this year (2007).

Post imported post

Colt 45 wrote:
    Texas recently enacted a Castle Doctrine along with a Stand Your Ground Law. In Texas, you can use deadly force to protect youself, other persons or property in your homes, vehicles or in ANY PLACE WHERE YOU MAY LAWFULLY BE. Day or night no longer has anything to do with it. Governor Perry said upon signing the bill into law that he was proud to give the people of Texas this much deserved ability to defend themselves, other persons and their property. The law also gives immunity from Civil Law Suit in any justified shooting. If my memory serves, the law went into effect July 1 of this year (2007).
    And why hasn't the great NRA gotten this same law passed everywhere else? Instead, they just keep sending out solicitations for membership and for contributions. That's all you ever get from the NRA. What have they done for me lately, hmmm?

Post imported post

Good for the homeowner!

I like the comment from his wife.

"I'm a newlywed again!" Go get 'em tiger!:celebrate

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

"Governor Perry said upon signing the bill into law that he was proud to give the people of Texas this much deserved ability to defend themselves, other persons and their property."

Gov. Perry for President!

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Sept. 1 2007 is when all of the laws that were signed went into effect.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Gov. Perry for President!

Yata hey
    Remember what happened the last time we put a Texas Governor into the Oval Office? Oh wait, it's still happening :quirky. Perry's alright on some issues, but I don't think I'd vote for him for President. I'm looking for someone a little more liberal on social issues; for instance someone who realizes teens are going to have sex and are better off being taught how to prevent STDs than to think condoms and The Pill are taboo.