• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sneeze And You're a Dead Man

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Texas homeowner uses 12 gauge to stop burglars.

[flash=320,256]http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=abc_1192235644[/flash]

Tomahawk

imported post

What kind of news report is that? No nonsense about "taking the law into his own hands"? No interviews of the diaper-wetting "neighbor from a mile away who think that it scares them when a man defends his home? Actual praise for home-sefense? How can these people call themselves reporters?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
What kind of news report is that? No nonsense about "taking the law into his own hands"? No interviews of the diaper-wetting "neighbor from a mile away who think that it scares them when a man defends his home? Actual praise for home-sefense? How can these people call themselves reporters?
They way it should be with unbiased, truthful reporting. Yet he did use the threat of deadly force to protect his property. This might be okay in Texas but here in Virginia there might be ....errr....some complications.
Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

carlson1 wrote:
It is legal in Texas - especially since it was NIGHT time.
Yeah, Texas is different. I can't figure out why anyone would be a night time burglar in Texas....

OLD TEXAN

imported post

Texas recently enacted a Castle Doctrine along with a Stand Your Ground Law. In Texas, you can use deadly force to protect youself, other persons or property in your homes, vehicles or in ANY PLACE WHERE YOU MAY LAWFULLY BE. Day or night no longer has anything to do with it. Governor Perry said upon signing the bill into law that he was proud to give the people of Texas this much deserved ability to defend themselves, other persons and their property. The law also gives immunity from Civil Law Suit in any justified shooting. If my memory serves, the law went into effect July 1 of this year (2007).

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Colt 45 wrote:
Texas recently enacted a Castle Doctrine along with a Stand Your Ground Law. In Texas, you can use deadly force to protect youself, other persons or property in your homes, vehicles or in ANY PLACE WHERE YOU MAY LAWFULLY BE. Day or night no longer has anything to do with it. Governor Perry said upon signing the bill into law that he was proud to give the people of Texas this much deserved ability to defend themselves, other persons and their property. The law also gives immunity from Civil Law Suit in any justified shooting. If my memory serves, the law went into effect July 1 of this year (2007).
And why hasn't the great NRA gotten this same law passed everywhere else? Instead, they just keep sending out solicitations for membership and for contributions. That's all you ever get from the NRA. What have they done for me lately, hmmm?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

"Governor Perry said upon signing the bill into law that he was proud to give the people of Texas this much deserved ability to defend themselves, other persons and their property."

Gov. Perry for President!:monkey

Yata hey

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Gov. Perry for President!:monkey

Yata hey
Remember what happened the last time we put a Texas Governor into the Oval Office? Oh wait, it's still happening :quirky:banghead:. Perry's alright on some issues, but I don't think I'd vote for him for President. I'm looking for someone a little more liberal on social issues; for instance someone who realizes teens are going to have sex and are better off being taught how to prevent STDs than to think condoms and The Pill are taboo.