• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News Report About Teacher Who Wants to Carry

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=98d_1191691331[/flash]

SetivaSicWood

imported post

I am rather suprised this importaint story hasn't been commented on thus far.

Perhaps most thought this issue would be a slam dunk, in the teachers favor. I mean considering the ORS is very clear no public administration has the ability to trump the legislative decision regarding preemeption laws.

The Jackson County courts gave a wink and a nod to the Medford school district, suggesting that, because she is a school district employee; she forefits her right to carry concealed. And they can fire her as well for violating the school district policy.

The judges common sense was MIA on this one and I fully antisipate this ruling to be over turned on appeal

Meanwhileanother law abiding citizen has to fight the goverment; and it's deep pockets,simply because theyopt to pick and choosethe laws they'd liketo enforce and those they want to totally disregard.

When she wins I hope she files a civil suit and wins big!