Thread: Who will join CLUB 71?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

The only legislative races in VA right now where gun policy appears to be a major issue are Senate District 37 (Cuccinelli v. Oleszek) and 34 (Petersen v. Devolites Davis).

37 + 34 = 71

Both Olezek & Devolites Davis are very anti-gun.

My plan is to send both very pro-gun Cuccinelli and moderately pro-gun Petersen (and he voted correctly as a Delegate much of the time) $71 via a credit contributions to their respective web sites at https://www.visteva.com/edonations/a...m?acctid=80807& http://www.fairfaxsenator.com/donate.htm.

Disclosure of employer info is NOT requiredif you contribute less than an aggregate of $100 to the candidate in a calendar year.

The CLUB 71 effort is to send a signal to current and future candidates and the media thatanti-gun campaigns will be punished by cross party support for, and contributions to, their opponents.

Who is with me??

Post imported post

Mike,

I'm with you, and Ken, and other candidates who want to make freedom-loving people suffer. I'm in the 37th, so I'll have one in-district and one cross-district donation.

Happy

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Who is with me??
    I'm not in the 34th or the 37th, but I think I'd give a lot more than $71 if they would just stop their stupid misleading commercials.

Post imported post

hlh wrote:
    We don't have to be in their districts to contribute, correct?
    No - that's the point, to encourage cross party cross district contributions to the 2 key races in the heart of NOVA where gun policy is at issue. Resolution of these 2 races in favor of the pro-gun candidates will attract media attention and help our cause.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Been contributing across district lines. Will continue. Cuccinelli.

Who else will step up and pitch in? Come on, you know you want to. If money is a problem, they can use extra hands, too.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I'm in.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

UPDATE: Today the WASHINGTON POST at http://tinyurl.com/yuatzptakes position AGAINST CLUB 71 - endorses Devolites Davis inthe 34thagainst Petersen; refuses to make any endorsement in 37th re: Cuccinelli & Oleszek.

So I guess its Club 71 v. The Washington Post!

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Great! I just sent $71 each to Petersen & Cuccinelli.

The Washington Post editorial board got it backwards - that should be a big clue to all!

Post imported post

Mike, link is bad. I tried finding it on my own, with no luck.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Mike, link is bad. I tried finding it on my own, with no luck.
    Sorry, correcrt tiny url is http://tinyurl.com/yuatzp, now corrected above.

Post imported post

Incumbent Sen. Ken Cuccinelli II is a highly intelligent and capable Republican whose doctrinaire, at times obstructionist, views on taxes and social issues have alienated his own party's more moderate leadership in the Senate.
    Nuff said me me, he has got my vote (again)!

------

Also for those of you giving money in 2008 at least, you might be able to deduct it on your VA tax returns:

http://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm...dit2#political
    Political Contribution Credit :
    You may qualify to claim this credit if you made contributions to political candidates in a primary, special, or general election for local or state office. The election must be held in the year in which the contribution is made. The Virginia credit is equal to 50% of the political contributions made to candidates for state and local offices, not to exceed $25 for an individual taxpayer or $50 for taxpayers filing a joint return. The credit is non-refundable and unused credits cannot be carried forward to subsequent years.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I made a donation to Cucinelli, but because Chap uses paypal he'll have to wait a few days for a check.

Post imported post

Have you donated yet? If not, see this anti-gun attack ad run by his opponent, Jean Marie Devolites Davis: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iGZkIydbOeY