• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who will join CLUB 71?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The only legislative races in VA right now where gun policy appears to be a major issue are Senate District 37 (Cuccinelli v. Oleszek) and 34 (Petersen v. Devolites Davis).

37 + 34 = 71

Both Olezek & Devolites Davis are very anti-gun.

My plan is to send both very pro-gun Cuccinelli and moderately pro-gun Petersen (and he voted correctly as a Delegate much of the time) $71 via a credit contributions to their respective web sites at https://www.visteva.com/edonations/ap/index.cfm?acctid=80807& http://www.fairfaxsenator.com/donate.htm.

Disclosure of employer info is NOT requiredif you contribute less than an aggregate of $100 to the candidate in a calendar year.

The CLUB 71 effort is to send a signal to current and future candidates and the media thatanti-gun campaigns will be punished by cross party support for, and contributions to, their opponents.

Who is with me??

Happy Home

imported post

Mike,

I'm with you, and Ken, and other candidates who want to make freedom-loving people suffer. I'm in the 37th, so I'll have one in-district and one cross-district donation.

Happy

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

hlh wrote:
We don't have to be in their districts to contribute, correct?
No - that's the point, to encourage cross party cross district contributions to the 2 key races in the heart of NOVA where gun policy is at issue. Resolution of these 2 races in favor of the pro-gun candidates will attract media attention and help our cause.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Been contributing across district lines. Will continue. Cuccinelli.

Who else will step up and pitch in? Come on, you know you want to. If money is a problem, they can use extra hands, too.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE: Today the WASHINGTON POST at http://tinyurl.com/yuatzptakes position AGAINST CLUB 71 - endorses Devolites Davis inthe 34thagainst Petersen; refuses to make any endorsement in 37th re: Cuccinelli & Oleszek.

So I guess its Club 71 v. The Washington Post!

Marco

imported post

rose_wilted.gif

fairfax1

imported post

Incumbent Sen. Ken Cuccinelli II is a highly intelligent and capable Republican whose doctrinaire, at times obstructionist, views on taxes and social issues have alienated his own party's more moderate leadership in the Senate.
Nuff said me me, he has got my vote (again)! :D

------

Also for those of you giving money in 2008 at least, you might be able to deduct it on your VA tax returns:

http://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm?alias=taxcredit2#political
Political Contribution Credit :
You may qualify to claim this credit if you made contributions to political candidates in a primary, special, or general election for local or state office. The election must be held in the year in which the contribution is made. The Virginia credit is equal to 50% of the political contributions made to candidates for state and local offices, not to exceed $25 for an individual taxpayer or $50 for taxpayers filing a joint return. The credit is non-refundable and unused credits cannot be carried forward to subsequent years.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I made a donation to Cucinelli, but because Chap uses paypal he'll have to wait a few days for a check.