• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Elderly Man Foils Burglary-Kills One

AbNo

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Nonetheless, this opens up a new can of worms. If someone catches a burglar in the act, is he justified in restraining him, locking him in the basement, torturing him for a week, and then executing him? If so, I applaud the consistancy.

Hyperbole much, Imp?

There are, of course, reasonable limits to things such as that.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that's an asinine, inflamatory response, AND you're asking about an illegal action.

Killing a burglar is not an illegal action.

In most instances. Forgot I had to add that for people that aren't smart enough to know it without it being pointed out. :quirky

tarzan1888

imported post

The Ghost of HankT lives on.........She would be proud.

Guys.....Let this one go.

Tarzan

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Just one more thing...

IMO, using the term "Old Coot" is not cool. He's an old guy, sure, but not an Old Coot, Geezer or any other of the derogatory labels ignorant people regularly use for the elderly.

If we live long enough, we'll be old guys/gals, too...that doesn't mean we should be disrespected just because we ARE old. And as we DO get older, webecome increasinglyvulnerable to tough-guy younger/faster/strongerpunks seeking to prey on us...unless we have our "tools" handy.

But as the story shows, old people still can pull a trigger and hit the target...now THAT's cool!

Some societies respect the elderly, Americans seem not to. But as for me, I do...and I surewouldn't mind hanging out with/learning fromold guys/gals (yes,old galsshoottrash, too) like Raymond Bunte. :)

JMO.

Merry Christmas,

-- John D.

tarzan1888

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
......IMO, using the term "Old Coot" is not cool.......

Remember John D. that the original post was by HankT and she liked to stir things up. She didn't do anything by accident and I am sure that the post, along with its title, was designed to get us all riled up..

Tarzan

Inked 17

imported post

I'm done talking to you, you're obviously a self-centered idiot who has no regard for life, except for your own. If you would even bother to read anything I've posted, I have never discounted the fact that he was doing something criminal, he was WRONG!!!! But I guarantee you have not seen the reports I have, and the way the "old coot" handled the situation was criminal as well. We don't live in the old west anymore, there are laws to (unfortunately sometimes) to protect the criminals as well. Also,two wrongs dont make a right, I would hope you learned this in elementary school

Springfield45

imported post

Inked 17 wrote:
I'm done talking to you, you're obviously a self-centered idiot who has no regard for life, except for your own. If you would even bother to read anything I've posted, I have never discounted the fact that he was doing something criminal, he was WRONG!!!! But I guarantee you have not seen the reports I have, and the way the "old coot" handled the situation was criminal as well. We don't live in the old west anymore, there are laws to (unfortunately sometimes) to protect the criminals as well. Also,two wrongs dont make a right, I would hope you learned this in elementary school
You've spoken of "the reports you have" numerous times ...
Yet, you still haven't furnished them, or any new FACTUAL information to allow anyone here to form a new opinion. Where are the "reports" you speak of ?
Let's see 'em.

Calling names and being belligerant is no way to have a debate....
it will only further discount your credibillity and, will gain absolutely no respect anywhere. I would hope you learned THIS in elementary school.

Unless you have something useful to contribute to this discussion other than calling names and being ignorant, please STFU.

Merry Christmas,

~~Springfield

tarzan1888

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
....Calling names and being belligerant is......
Usually a sign that the person so doing has no evidence, and thinks that if he talks harder and louder, people will believe him.

Tarzan

Inked 17

imported post

I will see if I can get a copy of the Medical report (not exactly something I can pull out of my back pocket, since he's not my kid), but I did read the part that said he was shot 2 times and where it says no brain matter or blood was found anywhere in the car except for sizeable amount of blood in the seat he was supposedly sitting in. Now, if that is where he was sitting when he was shot, there would be blood and brains everywhere. Even in the news clip where they showed the car, there was'nt any blood anywhere I could see. I'm not trying to argue with any of you folks, and I am trying to be objective. When I first heard about it I called him a dumbass and said he should'nt have been doing that to begin with also, but then some of the facts started coming out and it looks very suspicious. I just want all the facts of what really happened to come out, thats all.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Inked 17 wrote:
SNIP I just want all the facts of what really happened to come out, thats all.

I can go along with this.

Regardless of antipathy for criminals, I'm not sure I'mready for police to be working on a cover-up.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Nonetheless, this opens up a new can of worms. If someone catches a burglar in the act, is he justified in restraining him, locking him in the basement, torturing him for a week, and then executing him? If so, I applaud the consistancy.

I see you're stillnot done destroying your own credibility with outrageously farcical exagerations that lead one to beleive you have no rational argument...

Oh, and Itoo have doubts about these 'reports' you keep bringing up ink.

Inked 17

imported post

Links to what, its a medical examiners report. They dont exactly hand them out like candy on Halloween. This is pointless, I came here to have a discussion about something that means something to me, and every single one of you has done nothing but bash. I have nothing to gain by coming here to talk about a death, if I was'nt serious I would'nt be here.

AbNo

imported post

Nothing but bash?

Inked 17 wrote:
You're an idiot!!! I bet you listen to Rush Limbaugh too. It's like the blind leading the blind.

Inked 17 wrote:
I'm done talking to you, you're obviously a self-centered idiot who has no regard for life, except for your own. .... I would hope you learned this in elementary school

So uh, how's that bashing going?

From post ONE, you have hauty, confrontational, and extremely rude.

Second, you keep claiming to have God's Evidence-level knowledge of this case, yet have failed, on MULTIPLE occasions to give us anything other than your anonymous, typed word that you even live in the same hemisphere as the CRIMINAL shot and killed in the OP'd story.

Third, like a child, you call upon Hitler and Napolean, making a complete ass out of yourself in the process, by comparing this guy's death to war and genocide on a grand scale. Furthermore, I refuse to even consider the idea you know the dead burglar.

The facts this, the facts that. The only facts you've produced so far is that you are unable to provide us with any more information. Information that you claim to be the SOLE POSSESOR of, aasside from the cops/DA/coroner/SS guards/whoever-you-are-idolizing-at-the-moment.....

In short, GTF over it, get over yourself while you're at it, and quit trolling.

Tomahawk

imported post

Here's the deal, inked17: Once you get past all the nastiness of this thread, this is still OCDO, and we still deal with documented facts, here.

If you have access to documents that back up your argument, scan them in and post the relevant parts here. Most of us here have open minds and are willing to see what you've got.

But absent any evidence it's your word against the news article's word. The news source has a name and an address and a citation, all you've got is an internet handle and an opinion.

If you are telling the truth about being related to the deceased, well, sorry for your loss, and if he was committing a crime, perhaps the Man Upstairs will show some mercy on him.

But if you're not telling the truth, nothing you say means anything, and you wouldn't be the first phony to show up on this forum to disrupt things. They generally don't last long here.

Springfield45

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Nothing but bash?

Inked 17 wrote:
You're an idiot!!! I bet you listen to Rush Limbaugh too. It's like the blind leading the blind.

Inked 17 wrote:
I'm done talking to you, you're obviously a self-centered idiot who has no regard for life, except for your own. .... I would hope you learned this in elementary school

So uh, how's that bashing going?

From post ONE, you have hauty, confrontational, and extremely rude.

Second, you keep claiming to have God's Evidence-level knowledge of this case, yet have failed, on MULTIPLE occasions to give us anything other than your anonymous, typed word that you even live in the same hemisphere as the CRIMINAL shot and killed in the OP'd story.

Third, like a child, you call upon Hitler and Napolean, making a complete ass out of yourself in the process, by comparing this guy's death to war and genocide on a grand scale. Furthermore, I refuse to even consider the idea you know the dead burglar.

The facts this, the facts that. The only facts you've produced so far is that you are unable to provide us with any more information. Information that you claim to be the SOLE POSSESOR of, aasside from the cops/DA/coroner/SS guards/whoever-you-are-idolizing-at-the-moment.....

In short, GTF over it, get over yourself while you're at it, and quit trolling.
+1 ... You beat me to it AbNo ... I was thinking along thees lines as well ...
++1
Very well put.

~~Springfield

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
Remember John D. that the original post was by HankT and she liked to stir things up. She didn't do anything by accident and I am sure that the post, along with its title, was designed to get us all riled up..Tarzan
Why I am careful to use the actual headline to the extent that it fills my purposes. And to allow others to properly search on the article.

tarzan1888

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Here's the deal, inked17: Once you get past all the nastiness of this thread, this is still OCDO, and we still deal with documented facts, here.

If you have access to documents that back up your argument, scan them in and post the relevant parts here. Most of us here have open minds and are willing to see what you've got.

But absent any evidence it's your word against the news article's word. The news source has a name and an address and a citation, all you've got is an internet handle and an opinion.

If you are telling the truth about being related to the deceased, well, sorry for your loss, and if he was committing a crime, perhaps the Man Upstairs will show some mercy on him.

But if you're not telling the truth, nothing you say means anything, and you wouldn't be the first phony to show up on this forum to disrupt things. They generally don't last long here.

BINGO Give that man a cigar.

Tarzan