• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clearing up the confusion...

Marty Hayes

imported post

If ya'all want to educate the cops in this state, I would suggest someone contacting their local Pro-gun State Rep/State Senator, and asking them to request an Attorney General's opinion on the matter, and then circulate that to all the police departments through the Washington Association of Sheriff's and Chief's of Police.

Marty

Gene Beasley

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Well he's a lawyer anyway but I bet he would go the way the Governor would want him to.

They are both elected positions. He is not appointed by the Governer, so he's not beholden to her for anything.

I think Senator Pam Roach from the 31st District, or Senator Janéa Holmquist from the 13th District would be good choices to contact.

Roach is a fighter and tends to be a in-your-face, Holmquist is a little more diplomatic. Both are rock solid gun rights legislators. Good idea Marty.

Marty Hayes

imported post

Rob McKenna is a strong, Pro-Gun AG, and Pam Roach would be a great choice. If anyone lives in her district, then they would want to meet with her, outlinle the problem and the confusion, and ask for er to clear up the convusion as to what 9.41.270 means when it says "in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifists an intent to intimidate another, or warrants alarm for the safety of other persons). (done my memory, may not be exact wording).

With the cited case law on point, this would be a no brainer, and go inthe right direction.

Marty

joeroket

imported post

I have actually tried to do this but it only went to the Sno County Prosecutor. It resulted in a retired deputy who is an investigator for them calling me and saying basically that it was legal but silly. He said that really doubtedthe AG would put out an opinion because it was a sensitive subject. Not sure what he really meant by that last statement but I suspect he was trying to say don't go and push it because laws may get changed to disallow it. He said he was completely for the 2a and citizens right to carry but thought it was dumb to open carry.

Marty Hayes

imported post

A county prosecutor cannot request an Ag opinion, only an elected State Official, or appointed head of a commission.

NOTE: THE ABOVE IS INCORRECT, THE COUNTRY PROSECUTOR CAN ASK FOR AN OPINION, (SEE MCCOY THREAD).

The AG must comply with a request. An AG opinion does not have the rule of law, but is persuasive, and all PD's will comply unti overruled by a court, (at which time the AG will likely revise it's opinion.).

joeroket

imported post

I guess my first sentence was written wrong. It should have saidI tried but it only went as far as the sno county prosecutor. I wrote 3 reps and got a call back from the aide of Rep. McCoy. She told me that he may be inclined to request an opinion but for some reason I don't think it was ever done. I wrote a follow up just a few minutes ago to him. I spent more time detailing things and pointed him to some court rulings.

amlevin

imported post

Now would certainly be the time to start on this request. Between the elections this Nov. and the ones comming up next Nov. a lot of people will be pandering for our votes.

John Hardin

imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
Rob McKenna is a strong, Pro-Gun AG, and Pam Roach would be a great choice. If anyone lives in her district, then they would want to meet with her, outlinle the problem and the confusion, and ask for er to clear up the convusion as to what 9.41.270 means when it says "in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifists an intent to intimidate another, or warrants alarm for the safety of other persons). (done my memory, may not be exact wording).

With the cited case law on point, this would be a no brainer, and go inthe right direction.
Ask them (senators Roach and Holmquist) to sponsor these bills:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3849.html