• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some help here

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I need some help writing a letter to the Clark County Metroplitan Police (Las Vegas) in request of statues and specific ordinances regarding Open Carry. This IS one of those (No law that says it's illegal, so that makes it legal) issues. I'm specifically talking about Las Vegas, Not North Las Vegas or Boulder City, which I know have ordinaces...

Anyone have a stationary I can just alter a little to fit what I need?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I need some help writing a letter to the Clark County Metroplitan Police (Las Vegas) in request of statues and specific ordinances regarding Open Carry. This IS one of those (No law that says it's illegal, so that makes it legal) issues. I'm specifically talking about Las Vegas, Not North Las Vegas or Boulder City, which I know have ordinaces...

Anyone have a stationary I can just alter a little to fit what I need?
Never ask LEOs for legal advice - it's not their job, and their incentive is to editorialize against carry, and open carry.

Demarest

imported post

He's right. Most any recount I've heard of a citizen asking the police--or more specifically, police dispatch/secretary--for information about the law has returned what they want to tell you only. There are many resources online to retrieve firearms law for basically any geographical area. I'd look towards raw code that is unbiased. More tedious, but there is no knowledge that is not power.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Well, the issue is that we have state-wide premption on open carry. There is NO law regarding OC, aside from entering banks, libraries, post offices, police or government buildings, school, etc. common sense stuff. I wanted to get a clear indication as to what the common procedure was when someone reported a "413" (person with a gun.) How the LEO would respond, etc.