• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops called on me

yonder

imported post

Yeah I guess I must be ADHD or something and have to chase every new shiny object that crosses my path. :celebrate

I hadn't actually started OC'ing after my first string of posts. Last week I bought a holster. This week I've been OC'ing around the house, outside, getting the neighbors used to it.

When I get my CHP in a couple of weeks I'll start OC'ing past the end of my driveway so I have the flexibility that I'll need. I ride a motorcycle and wear a bunch of armor so when I'm riding the pistol(s) will be concealed.

The parents of the kids who play with my kids have also been getting to see the pistol on my hip. So far nobody has freaked, and some of the kids are still coming back, so I guess their parents didn't freak after they got the kids home.

I was talking to my account manager for the agency that I work for, about a situation with a dangerous whackjob we've been dealing with, and mentioned something about how the "violence in the workplace policy" (aka "victim disarmament policy") leaves me more vulnerable than I am anywhere else, and how it would be nice if I could carry concealed at work with a permit. He says "why in the world would you want to conceal a pistol?" and my response was something along the lines of "I'd rather carry it openly if that was okay with you." :what: :lol: That was worth a few good laughs. At least I exposed him for a gun-fearing weenie.

Ray

imported post

but also reminded me about how he arrested a person for OCing because of the terror to the public issue.

Total BS

You cannot be charged for merely carrying any firearm openly in NC