SECTION 1. Section 8571.5 is added to the Government Code, to
    read:
    8571.5. Nothing in this article shall authorize the seizure or
    confiscation of any firearm or ammunition from any individual who is
    lawfully carrying or possessing the firearm or ammunition, or
    authorize any order to that effect, provided however, that a peace
    officer who is acting in his or her official capacity may disarm an
    individual if the officer reasonably believes it is immediately
    necessary for the protection of the officer or another individual.
    The officer shall return the firearm to the individual before
    discharging the individual, unless the officer arrests that
    individual or seizes the firearm as evidence pursuant to an
    investigation for the commission of a crime.

New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

Score one for the good guys.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    Score one for the good guys.
    Okay- just playing Devil's Advocate, but-

Whatwould happen if a Federal, State or local government agencydoes begin confiscating weapons in a state of emergency?Crack open the code and tell them they cant?

I believe that this legislation is well intended, however I dont believe that it really strengthens the 2A, since the language stipulates a peace officermay seize a weapon pending an investigation of an arrestable offense. Further, this law is somewhat redundant, in that its intent to preserve liberty is already cannonized in the 2A. If we were to reallybenefit from this, I think it would be necessary to have this law reaffirm a true individual right to keep and bear arms without abrigdementby any govermnent agency.

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

If I am an innocent civilian, have done nothing wrong, and the government comes to my house like during Katrina, I'm sorry, but I am not handing my gun over. I couldn't live with myself if I do exactly what the people of GB and Australia did. If you can't live free, why would I want to live. Patrick Henry said "Give me liberty or give me death." That call is starting to ring louder and more clearly, and I fear some day soon we will be forced to make difficult choices.

Post imported post

Mol┼Źn labe! :what:
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Whatwould happen if a Federal, State or local government agencydoes begin confiscating weapons in a state of emergency?Crack open the code and tell them they cant?
    Tell them that it is against the law, they can't take them, and you won't give them, slam the door shut, lock it, and load everything you've got, and waite for the door to get kicked in.

If the founding fathers thought freedom worth dying for, then so do I. I will die before I give them to the government, but hopefully I wouldn't be the only one, and I won't have to die, and the government will be reminded that it is the people who run this country, not a fascist government.

I'm not using my computer, so I don't have it, but I believe that there is a quote from one of our founding fathers that says something to the effect that there should be an uprising ever 20 years, to keep the Government in check. Unfortunately, not to many U.S. citizens out there have the balls or organizational capacity to stand up to a Government that's gotten too big for it's britches.

Post imported post

stingray4540 wrote:
    I'm not using my computer, so I don't have it, but I believe that there is a quote from one of our founding fathers that says something to the effect that there should be an uprising ever 20 years, to keep the Government in check.
    I am doing this from memory*

Thomas Jefferson said "the Liberty Tree must be watered with the blood of patriots every 20 years."

Or something like that...

Post imported post

"... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950)
    Here it is.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

I just purchased a 600 pound gun safe. Honestly, one of the reasons I did was because of the news stories I saw where cops were disarming citizens. If they come to my house they might get the one or two guns that I have out of the safe, but I will not open it for them. That's my simple solution.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I love the responses here. My reply was a bit tongue-in-cheek; I'm just trying not to sound so pessimistic as I usually do.

I share the general sentiment you all have shared.

Live Free or Die.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

And I welcome eveybody to the no fly list.

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    Now why would anyone want to fly without being armed against a possible terrorist highjacking?

www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    Unnecessary rant about a joke. Never mind.

Post imported post

I hate being searched and refuse to travel without a sufficient means of defense.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

NRA says," From my cold dead hands", I say, "NOT EVEN from my cold dead ******* hands." They will never take my guns. "Give me liberty or give me death." I''ve already made my choice!

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/..._enrolled.html
    THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1. Section 8571.5 is added to the Government Code, to
    read:
    8571.5. Nothing in this article shall authorize the seizure or
    confiscation of any firearm or ammunition from any individual who is
    lawfully carrying or possessing the firearm or ammunition, or
    authorize any order to that effect, provided however, that a peace
    officer who is acting in his or her official capacity may disarm an
    individual if the officer reasonably believes it is immediately
    necessary for the protection of the officer or another individual.
    The officer shall return the firearm to the individual before
    discharging the individual, unless the officer arrests that
    individual or seizes the firearm as evidence pursuant to an
    investigation for the commission of a crime.

Whew!!!

I'm sure glad they made it illegal to infinge the right of the people to keep and bear arms. They did the same thing in many states because of what happen here in New Orleans.

Ultimately though, the laws do not seem to stop them. Consider how many times members here get arrested for legally going about their business.

Post imported post

16 State Senators voted against this bill. I have tried to find their names but can't. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

dng wrote:
    ...Patrick Henry said "Give me liberty or give me death." That call is starting to ring louder and more clearly, and I fear some day soon we will be forced to make difficult choices.
    Every newborn comes with the pains of labor. I can hear the bells way over here.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Ok.... but you and your spouse get into an argument. She convinces a judge that she is afraid of you. You havent done anything wrong.... But he issues a DV Temporary Restaining Order.... You now have to turn over your weapons!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

ConsideringOC wrote:
    Ok.... but you and your spouse get into an argument. She convinces a judge that she is afraid of you. You havent done anything wrong.... But he issues a DV Temporary Restaining Order.... You now have to turn over your weapons!
    Rule #1: Your wife is always right.

Rule #2: Refer to rule #1 if you ever feel like arguing with her.

Result: You get along with your wife and you keep your guns!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

I have a feeling Im already on that no Fly list. I dare not to find out road trips id hate to lose my firearms to baggage mishaps

Post imported post

ConsideringOC wrote:
    Hi dad Ummm can you hold these til I property dispose of my wife lol disclaimer; I am in no way sanctioning spousal abuse or any violence. All comments were made in good fun If you dont like **** i dont care