Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMM's & Bradys to lie in at Richmond gun show 10/20

Post imported post

UPDATE by Mike on 21 OCT 07:

Great work folks!

Here are all the links I can find right now:

NBC 12 story with video - http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/10691606.html?skipthumb=Y

SNIP

“We had a problem at Virginia Tech, but it wasn't the gun, it was somebody that picked up that tool and had the blackness of the heart to actually murder someone and that's the problem,” said Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. . . . “There is nothing you can do inside a gun show that you can't do outside a gun show,” said Van Cleave. “A person who is selling privately isn't required to do a background check to sell you a gun, but that's true anywhere. If you came to my house, and I wanted to sell you a gun...I don't need to do that.”

--

CBS 6 story - http://www.wtvr.com/global/story.asp?s=7242809

SNIP

Counter-protesters at the gun show todaysay the problem isn't with the state's gun laws, but with the people who commit such heinous crimes.

--

RTD news item - http://tinyurl.com/2x7umk

SNIP

It didn't take long for gun-show outriders to cross the street to the church yard and reach the perimeter of the lie-in protest. As TV and video cameras rolled, there was jostling for exposure among the two sets of sign-carrying advocates. "Yes, I tried to get in the way on purpose. I have a right to state my view as much as they do," said Chesterfield County resident Paul Henick. "They can't muzzle me." Henick, who wore a badge from the **Citizen Defense League**, loomed over the recumbent victims with a half-dozen other gun-rights activists. He carried a sign that stated: "This is what happens when people are denied effective means of self-defense." "If I'm an activist, I have to be active," Henick said.

--

Also, internet posting of a counter protester video: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/peternap/?action=view&current=signlt_3.flv

---------------------

According to the 10/16 VA-ALERT from VCDL http://www.vcdl.org the MMM's and Bradys are planning to lie in at the C&E show at the Showplace this Saturday (10/20).

It was suggested that a "counter demonstration" might be fitting & proper. I'm going to show up and stand in for one of the 32 victims at Va Tech who were prohibited from effectively defending themselves.

Anybody who is going to be in the Richmond area this coming Saturday (10/20) is invited to show up.

stay safe.

skidmark

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/5349.html

in case others want to contribute
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/5349.html

in case others want to contribute
    Maybe BobCav could just combine the two threads...

Post imported post

Use this pro self defense sign during the "lie in".

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=26282@kpix.dayport.com

Post imported post

Hmm... I see a pun in the title of this thread. :P

Coincidence?

Post imported post

Well, I think we should all print on a sheet of paper something along the lines of "a life SAVED by firearm". In reference to the 2-million instances per year a firearm is used in a self defense scenario.

Sure would make a funny pic if those 32 stupid MMM'ers were SUROUNDED by hundreds of people holding up small signs and it would prove a point.

Post imported post

Mayday wrote:
    Well, I think we should all print on a sheet of paper something along the lines of "a life SAVED by firearm". In reference to the 2-million instances per year a firearm is used in a self defense scenario.

Sure would make a funny pic if those 32 stupid MMM'ers were SUROUNDED by hundreds of people holding up small signs and it would prove a point.
    Your ideas interest me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Post imported post

armedinrichmond wrote:
    Your ideas interest me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    You can do so at VCDL.org.

Post imported post

I just heard about a group called http://concealedcampus.org/

They are talking about students going around campuses with empty holsters as a show of how they are being disarmed by TPTB

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    It was suggested that a "counter demonstration" might be fitting & proper. I'm going to show up and stand in for one of the 32 victims at Va Tech who were prohibited from effectively defending themselves.

Anybody who is going to be in the Richmond area this coming Saturday (10/20) is invited to show up.
    What kind of "counter demonstration" do you have in mind?

I hope that cool heads prevail tomorrow. The last two VCDL/OCDO vs. MMMers encounters garnered a lot of badPR andbad press.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    I hope that cool heads prevail tomorrow. The last two VCDL/OCDO vs. MMMers encounters garnered a lot of badPR andbad press.
    You should come help us Hank. At least show us how to do things "right", I hate "trainwrecks". I've provided directions to assist you. I'm 500 feet off your route on the DC Beltway, will you give me a ride? I mean, literally... I live 500 feet from the Beltway. Please pick me up. I'll chip in for gas.

http://tinyurl.com/2q8h7l

Edit: Since we know you don't open carry I'll even loan you a proper holster and firearm so you fit in with the cool crowd while in VA.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:

Bad press for the MMMers actually.

Post imported post

He can't go anywhere.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    You should come help us Hank. At least show us how to do things "right", I hate "trainwrecks". I've provided directions to assist you. I'm 500 feet off your route on the DC Beltway, will you give me a ride? I mean, literally... I live 500 feet from the Beltway. Please pick me up. I'll chip in for gas.
    No way I can fly in this weekend, especially at the last minute. Projects are stacking up.

I wonder, stilll, what kind of "counter demonstration" is going to happen? I hope the people who plan it ain't the ones involved in Train Wreck I and II.

I'm also wonder, why I don't know, whether anyone will get to do some video recording of the VCDL/OCDO "counter demonstration."

Video recording somehow seems to get really difficult to do, doesn't it NSL? Impossible, sometimes.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Don't worry HankT the situation is in hand. I'll be there just for you, to make sure everything goes right.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Don't worry HankT the situation is in hand. I'll be there just for you, to make sure everything goes right.
    Were you at the Burke MMM meeting, longwatch?

How about the Centreville MMM meeting, were you at that one?

Post imported post

Hank, I'm sorry to hear your projects are piling up. If I hadn't had my balls snipped (doing mypart to curb the population explosion) this morning I'd be standing next to NSL tomorrow. That aside, I'm sure that whom ever is handling the video cameras from the group that attends will be intelligent enough to pan the scene. That's just not a hap-hazard guess, I was at the Centreville Library and have seen NSL's work. Gotta give the guy credit, he's got an inkling about what he's doing, and is actually involved on a regular basis of being pro-active in word and action.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    What kind of "counter demonstration" do you have in mind?

I cannot speak for anybody else, but I am planning to be there with a sign something to the effect of "MMM denied 32 victims the most effective means of self defense against a psychotic killer," and maybe another, with an arrow to point at the MMM's laying on the ground, saying "This is what you get when you deny effective means for self defense."

If anybody gets their feathers ruffled by either of those, I hope they explain clearly why they believe what is said to be offensive. If the MMM's feelings are hurt, that will be just too bad. It's hard to 'Run, Forrest, run!' when the doors are chained shut. Even if somebody had one of those "bulletproof backpacks" they would not be safe behind them and an advancing shooter could eventually walk around a cowering victim to get past the backpack. The last time someone stuffed a daisy down a rifle barrel to block the bullets there were - <sing along now> "six dead in Ohio".

Based on TW1 and TW2 at the libraries in Fairfax County, folks should be telling to MMM's to be sure their heads are cool tomorrow.

And on a personal note, I am hoping that theMMM's get as much bad PR & bad press as they possibly can.

[/rant, <climb off soapbox>]

stay safe.

skidmark

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

In case you forgot no I wasn't at those occassions, wish I had been.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    In case you forgot no I wasn't at those occassions, wish I had been.
    Yes, I'd forgotten. Your absence at those two is a big plus for your claim that you'll be there "to make sure everything goes right."

Let's face it, anyone actually present at TW I and TW II didn't show very good judgment.

I'm still wondering if maybe NSL should have a backup. You know, he might be all ready to record and everything....and some woman will come over and just, you know, TRICK HIM AGAIN into not taping the dang event....

I'd hate to see him go Oh for Three....

Post imported post

Easy to criticize I suppose. Of course, at least NSL is out there trying (ahem)......

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Easy to criticize I suppose. Of course, at least NSL is out there trying (ahem)......
    Yeah, HankT has managed to criticize everyone but himself, as near as I can tell.

I was at both the MMM meetings - Centerville and Burke. While in retrospect I wish I had done things a little differently, I didn't do wrong, and will not be bullied by those such as Hankie.

While NSL is out doing something, Hankie has yet to set up that meeting he suggested - speaking of people not doing anything.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Hank if you have a better way you are free to lead by example.

Post imported post

Back on topic who is going and do you want to meet up? I am for sure.

Post imported post

I forwarded the original email to Philip alerting him tothis protest a couple weeks ago. That's how it made it into the VA-Alert. I got it from a well-meaning church friend whostill knowsmy father. There verypossibly willbeat least a few irrationalMMM-ers there, but there also will be at least onenice (but very misguided) ladyfrom my churchAnd possibly other nice (and misguided) folks from my church as well. I also can tell you the original email stresses the importance ofa non-confrontational, veryquickevent.I was torn and almost didn't even forward the original announcement, especially since it was sent to me very naively (obviously). I felt just a little bit dirty, but decidedI musthonor liberty over loyalty, especially since the sender is not a family member or apersonal friend nor someone I have seen in the last 6 or 7 years

I know froma family memberthat presswill be present. If all goes as intended, the "other side" is going to be on their best, completely non-confrontational behavior. They have the whole eventvery planned out. Several local churches are involved.

I don't think you will be facing Rosie O'Donnell. The face on the "other side"may sympathetic to many "non-aligned" members of the public. How about asilent counter-protest to match theirs?Values like earnestness and a succinct, respectful soundbite if you speak to the media will go a long way as far as public relations go. Cool t-shirts are great, too!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast