• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MMM's & Bradys to lie in at Richmond gun show 10/20

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UPDATE by Mike on 21 OCT 07:

Great work folks!

Here are all the links I can find right now:

NBC 12 story with video - http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/10691606.html?skipthumb=Y

SNIP

“We had a problem at Virginia Tech, but it wasn't the gun, it was somebody that picked up that tool and had the blackness of the heart to actually murder someone and that's the problem,” said Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. . . . “There is nothing you can do inside a gun show that you can't do outside a gun show,” said Van Cleave. “A person who is selling privately isn't required to do a background check to sell you a gun, but that's true anywhere. If you came to my house, and I wanted to sell you a gun...I don't need to do that.”

--

CBS 6 story - http://www.wtvr.com/global/story.asp?s=7242809

SNIP

Counter-protesters at the gun show todaysay the problem isn't with the state's gun laws, but with the people who commit such heinous crimes.

--

RTD news item - http://tinyurl.com/2x7umk

SNIP

It didn't take long for gun-show outriders to cross the street to the church yard and reach the perimeter of the lie-in protest. As TV and video cameras rolled, there was jostling for exposure among the two sets of sign-carrying advocates. "Yes, I tried to get in the way on purpose. I have a right to state my view as much as they do," said Chesterfield County resident Paul Henick. "They can't muzzle me." Henick, who wore a badge from the **Citizen Defense League**, loomed over the recumbent victims with a half-dozen other gun-rights activists. He carried a sign that stated: "This is what happens when people are denied effective means of self-defense." "If I'm an activist, I have to be active," Henick said.

--

Also, internet posting of a counter protester video: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/peternap/?action=view&current=signlt_3.flv

---------------------

According to the 10/16 VA-ALERT from VCDL http://www.vcdl.org the MMM's and Bradys are planning to lie in at the C&E show at the Showplace this Saturday (10/20).

It was suggested that a "counter demonstration" might be fitting & proper. I'm going to show up and stand in for one of the 32 victims at Va Tech who were prohibited from effectively defending themselves.

Anybody who is going to be in the Richmond area this coming Saturday (10/20) is invited to show up.

stay safe.

skidmark

Mayday

imported post

Well, I think we should all print on a sheet of paper something along the lines of "a life SAVED by firearm". In reference to the 2-million instances per year a firearm is used in a self defense scenario.

Sure would make a funny pic if those 32 stupid MMM'ers were SUROUNDED by hundreds of people holding up small signs and it would prove a point.

armedinrichmond

imported post

Mayday wrote:
Well, I think we should all print on a sheet of paper something along the lines of "a life SAVED by firearm". In reference to the 2-million instances per year a firearm is used in a self defense scenario.

Sure would make a funny pic if those 32 stupid MMM'ers were SUROUNDED by hundreds of people holding up small signs and it would prove a point.
Your ideas interest me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

skidmark wrote:
It was suggested that a "counter demonstration" might be fitting & proper. I'm going to show up and stand in for one of the 32 victims at Va Tech who were prohibited from effectively defending themselves.

Anybody who is going to be in the Richmond area this coming Saturday (10/20) is invited to show up.

What kind of "counter demonstration" do you have in mind?

I hope that cool heads prevail tomorrow. The last two VCDL/OCDO vs. MMMers encounters garnered a lot of badPR andbad press.

IanB

imported post

HankT wrote:
I hope that cool heads prevail tomorrow. The last two VCDL/OCDO vs. MMMers encounters garnered a lot of badPR andbad press.

You should come help us Hank. At least show us how to do things "right", I hate "trainwrecks". I've provided directions to assist you. I'm 500 feet off your route on the DC Beltway, will you give me a ride? I mean, literally... I live 500 feet from the Beltway. Please pick me up. I'll chip in for gas.

http://tinyurl.com/2q8h7l

Edit: Since we know you don't open carry I'll even loan you a proper holster and firearm so you fit in with the cool crowd while in VA.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
HankT wrote:

You should come help us Hank. At least show us how to do things "right", I hate "trainwrecks". I've provided directions to assist you. I'm 500 feet off your route on the DC Beltway, will you give me a ride? I mean, literally... I live 500 feet from the Beltway. Please pick me up. I'll chip in for gas.
No way I can fly in this weekend, especially at the last minute. Projects are stacking up.

I wonder, stilll, what kind of "counter demonstration" is going to happen? I hope the people who plan it ain't the ones involved in Train Wreck I and II.

I'm also wonder, why I don't know, whether anyone will get to do some video recording of the VCDL/OCDO "counter demonstration."

Video recording somehow seems to get really difficult to do, doesn't it NSL? Impossible, sometimes.:uhoh:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Don't worry HankT the situation is in hand. I'll be there just for you, to make sure everything goes right.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Don't worry HankT the situation is in hand. I'll be there just for you, to make sure everything goes right.

Were you at the Burke MMM meeting, longwatch?

How about the Centreville MMM meeting, were you at that one?

bohdi

imported post

Hank, I'm sorry to hear your projects are piling up. If I hadn't had my balls snipped (doing mypart to curb the population explosion) this morning I'd be standing next to NSL tomorrow. That aside, I'm sure that whom ever is handling the video cameras from the group that attends will be intelligent enough to pan the scene. That's just not a hap-hazard guess, I was at the Centreville Library and have seen NSL's work. Gotta give the guy credit, he's got an inkling about what he's doing, and is actually involved on a regular basis of being pro-active in word and action.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
What kind of "counter demonstration" do you have in mind?

I cannot speak for anybody else, but I am planning to be there with a sign something to the effect of "MMM denied 32 victims the most effective means of self defense against a psychotic killer," and maybe another, with an arrow to point at the MMM's laying on the ground, saying "This is what you get when you deny effective means for self defense."

If anybody gets their feathers ruffled by either of those, I hope they explain clearly why they believe what is said to be offensive. If the MMM's feelings are hurt, that will be just too bad. It's hard to 'Run, Forrest, run!' when the doors are chained shut. Even if somebody had one of those "bulletproof backpacks" they would not be safe behind them and an advancing shooter could eventually walk around a cowering victim to get past the backpack. The last time someone stuffed a daisy down a rifle barrel to block the bullets there were - <sing along now> "six dead in Ohio".

Based on TW1 and TW2 at the libraries in Fairfax County, folks should be telling to MMM's to be sure their heads are cool tomorrow.

And on a personal note, I am hoping that theMMM's get as much bad PR & bad press as they possibly can.

[/rant, <climb off soapbox>]

stay safe.

skidmark

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

longwatch wrote:
In case you forgot no I wasn't at those occassions, wish I had been.

Yes, I'd forgotten. Your absence at those two is a big plus for your claim that you'll be there "to make sure everything goes right."

Let's face it, anyone actually present at TW I and TW II didn't show very good judgment.

I'm still wondering if maybe NSL should have a backup. You know, he might be all ready to record and everything....and some woman will come over and just, you know, TRICK HIM AGAIN into not taping the dang event....

I'd hate to see him go Oh for Three....:uhoh: