• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MMM's & Bradys to lie in at Richmond gun show 10/20

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Easy to criticize I suppose. Of course, at least NSL is out there trying (ahem)......

Yeah, HankT has managed to criticize everyone but himself, as near as I can tell.

I was at both the MMM meetings - Centerville and Burke. While in retrospect I wish I had done things a little differently, I didn't do wrong, and will not be bullied by those such as Hankie.

While NSL is out doing something, Hankie has yet to set up that meeting he suggested - speaking of people not doing anything.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I forwarded the original email to Philip alerting him tothis protest a couple weeks ago. That's how it made it into the VA-Alert. I got it from a well-meaning church friend whostill knowsmy father. There verypossibly willbeat least a few irrationalMMM-ers there, but there also will be at least onenice (but very misguided) ladyfrom my churchAnd possibly other nice (and misguided) folks from my church as well. I also can tell you the original email stresses the importance ofa non-confrontational, veryquickevent.I was torn and almost didn't even forward the original announcement, especially since it was sent to me very naively (obviously). I felt just a little bit dirty, but decidedI musthonor liberty over loyalty, especially since the sender is not a family member or apersonal friend nor someone I have seen in the last 6 or 7 years

I know froma family memberthat presswill be present. If all goes as intended, the "other side" is going to be on their best, completely non-confrontational behavior. They have the whole eventvery planned out. Several local churches are involved.

I don't think you will be facing Rosie O'Donnell. The face on the "other side"may sympathetic to many "non-aligned" members of the public. How about asilent counter-protest to match theirs?Values like earnestness and a succinct, respectful soundbite if you speak to the media will go a long way as far as public relations go. Cool t-shirts are great, too!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If its MMM'ers out there, there will for darn sure be some people with anger-management problems.

I've seen them first hand.

It would be just like them to hide among the sweet little old church ladies.

Sorta like the North Koreans that hid among the villagers on the trip back from Chosin Reservoir.

IanB

imported post

I noticed Longwatch mentioning meeting someplace prior to the MMM show. I'm game, anyone else in?

IanB

imported post

HankT wrote:
I'm still wondering if maybe NSL should have a backup. You know, he might be all ready to record and everything....and some woman will come over and just, you know, TRICK HIM AGAIN into not taping the dang event....

I'd hate to see him go Oh for Three....:uhoh:
Hank, if you remember I said:
But, MMM cancelling their meeting was a gift beyond my wildest imagination. Some may think otherwise, and they are entitled to their opinion. Cancelling the meeting (IMHO) shows the world they are full of baloney and their program that night wouldn't have passed the muster of public scrutiny.
For those of you who did not read the original thread, "Some may think otherwise" was directed at HankT. See, Hank thinks that a bunch of highly educated but hysterical hopolophobes cancelling a meeting (which was advertised in the newspaper, but drew a crowd of perhaps 20... of which 10 of the 20 were from OCDO) is somehow a "trainwreck" because I didn't get to record the anti-gun content of one of their MMM meetings. You really must know the background story to understand what the heck HankT is talking about. For that you should read:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=2731&forum_id=54
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=2750&forum_id=54
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/2929-1.html

Who cares that I didn't record the actual meeting? I sure don't! The outcome was a MUCH better video moment for Youtube than the meeting ever would have been! News of the MMM's cancelling a meeting due to Bohdi, myself, and a couple cameras spread far and wide. Gun forums and blogs all across America were talking about it for several weeks and the NRA news program "Cam and Company" discussed it on air shortly after it happened. All this because NSL and Bohdi showed up in a library with videocameras. Shocking, I know. All the while, HankT was bickering and trying to spin this as some major flub on everyones part for not getting to tape the actual meeting. Well Hank, those ladies went into hiding after that event, scared of a pudgy man with a cheap camera. Trainwreck indeed!

After reading the above links, anyone new to OCDO should get a firm grasp of what and who HankT is. He is not on our side, and while I can't say he's against us... he is simply here to be be the court jester and provide entertainment for himself.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'm a new poster although I've lurked here for a long time. This is going to be a rough year in the General assembly anyway, and I have changed a lot of plans to be at the show tomorrow. I think it's important for VCDL and every gunowner in the area to present a strong showing for the protestors.

Not violent or even abusive, but strong and united.

I have a small news Blog so I will have a camcorder with me. (I haven't put videos on it yet...but have to start sometime:shock:) At the last Richmond VCDL meeting, there was some discussion over the lack of recordings in some events.

If everyone is going to meet before the show, I'd like to be there if possible. If notm I hope to see you there tomorrow.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Thats a salient point that we should be civil, and polite, afterall they are someones mom allegedly. Also if you have audio recorders and if possible KEEP THEM ON AT ALL TIMES. Reporters at the BBGG would almost sneak up on you in a crowd and ask to interview. Having a hot recorder ensures that you or others can't be misquoted. If you don't know what to say, just a 'VCDL speaks for me on this matter.' works pretty good.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
After reading the above links, anyone new to OCDO should get a firm grasp of what and who HankT is. He is not on our side, and while I can't say he's against us... he is simply here to be be the court jester and provide entertainment for himself.

The word you're looking for is 'Troll'...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
I know froma family memberthat presswill be present. If all goes as intended, the "other side" is going to be on their best, completely non-confrontational behavior. They have the whole eventvery planned out. Several local churches are involved.

I don't think you will be facing Rosie O'Donnell. The face on the "other side"may sympathetic to many "non-aligned" members of the public. How about asilent counter-protest to match theirs?Values like earnestness and a succinct, respectful soundbite if you speak to the media will go a long way as far as public relations go. Cool t-shirts are great, too!
I get a good sense of your concern on this subject. I hope you are there.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
If its MMM'ers out there, there will for darn sure be some people with anger-management problems.

I've seen them first hand.
Yes, at the Bloomberg gun giveaway (BGG) there was at least that one nut with the hand-written and poorly spelled sign. He looked like he was going to have a melt-down at any moment. One thing about them I've noticed is that they have no sense of humor at all, and when we actrelaxed and smile and laugh it just makes them even angrier.

One thing is that they probably lurk sites like this and may have some plan for dealing with us. Just stay cool and keep an eye out.

A woman claiming to be a reporter interviewed me at the BGG, but it never showed up in print. She was very confrontational and tried several times to get me to say something stupid. Longwatch later told me he thinks she was a MMM member. I don't know if that's true or not, but it goes to show you have to be on the lookout for shenanigans, even by real reporters.

The key is to be relaxed, confident, think first, and speak reasonably. And don't be afraid to say, "I'd rather not speak about that."

And if you are confronted by anti-gun activists, nakedshoplifter's links above will take you to some youtube vids that show you how to stay cool when speaking to someone like that.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
HankT wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
HankT wrote:
Aren't you attending, T-hawk?
Possibly.

Sounds like a no. I understand. Business, duties, other stuff.

Did you goto the Burke and Centreville MMM meetings?
Well, you are the expert on what happened at those meetings, don't you have an attendence list?
No. I don't have an attendance list. Did you go to those meetings?