• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry Violation Revocations in Florida, statistics

Warrenton NO CCW

imported post

From the Lott site:

"Law-abiding in Florida 1,298,632 people permitted between 10/1/87 - 9/30/07
revoked for firearms related violation: 162"

That is a little over 8 revocations per year over 20 years average. Looks like all the anti-gun zealots are still yelling "the sky is falling! The sky is falling!" Looks pretty good to me. Most people with carry permits are very responsible, if not extremely responsible with their exercise of their 2nd amendment rights, despite what the broadcast media, Feinstein, Schumer, Bloomberg, Kennedy, Hillary and Bill are telling you. Keep up the good work and be safe! :celebrate

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In the link given above there is a section for Licenses Revoked, under that section it says --Firearm Utilized-- then gives the number for that as 165

Anyone know what that means???

Looks to me like you use it...you lose it. Hope I'm wrong on that.

I looked around the site, didn't see anything that let's you know what "Firearm Utilized"is referring to.

brboyer

imported post

FzSBLACKMAGICK wrote:
In the link given above there is a section for Licenses Revoked, under that section it says --Firearm Utilized-- then gives the number for that as 165

Anyone know what that means???

Looks to me like you use it...you lose it. Hope I'm wrong on that.

I looked around the site, didn't see anything that let's you know what "Firearm Utilized"is referring to.

I believe that is referring to the numbers of crimes committed with a firearm after licensure.