View Poll Results: Is This a good response to the woman's question?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't think he actually said that. No one can be that obstreporous. He just made it up to sound cool.

23 20.00%
  • No. The woman's husband might come over and start an argument with the OCer.

4 3.48%
  • I would have said something like "No, ma'am, I'm just legally carrying for self-defense. Have a nice day."

21 18.26%
  • No, the OCer was a *******, hurting the image of responsible OCers everywhere.

24 20.87%
  • No, the OCer was unnecessarily rude to the woman.

16 13.91%
  • Yes, the woman should know that OC is a right that can and should be exercised.

6 5.22%
  • Yes, the woman was a ditz.

4 3.48%
  • Yes, all women have vaginas, yet she did refused to answer a simple question.

7 6.09%
  • Yes, but it would not be a good answer for a male who asked the same question.

8 6.96%
  • Yes, we must support any patriot who open carries. Solidarity is the rule.

2 1.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This a Good Answer To Someone Who Asks About Your OCing?

Post imported post

Every once in a while, while you are out OCing, minding your own business, a regular ole citizen (i.e., sheeple) will not comprehend why a law-abiding citizen would be carrying a gun :shock:and will ask the dumb question: Are you a police officer?

As if that is the only reason why anyone would carry a gun :shock:.

How to handle thedumb questionis a personal matter and everyone figures out their manner of replying.

One our bretheren recently responded thusly:

A very, obviously nervous soccer mom was standing in line behind me, fixated on my 357. When I noticed her looking, she finally asked "THE QUESTION." "Are you a police officer?" When I answered to the negative, she commented, "well, since you have a gun, I just thought you were one." So I turned the tables on her. "Ma'am, do you have a vagina?" Now that rattled her even more, rendering her speechless. " I figure since you do, then you must be a prostitute." I've never seen anyone drop their items and leave a store that quickly.

Is This a good response to the woman's question?

**** You may select as many choices in this poll as you wish.****

Post imported post

I love vaginas and guns... But guns are cheaper.

I'm simply being responsible with my money

Post imported post

I liked it, but then if you're using me as some standard, you'll likely end up in a prison psychiatric ward yourself.

-ljp

State Researcher

Post imported post

I like how the analogy compares cops to prostitutes! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Otherwise, it's a rude/obscene way of answering someone... I wouldn't talk to a lady like that, no matter how rude or ignorant she may be.

Post imported post

Why not just post a link to the thread?
    You should get a job at a polling booth.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum7/4682.html

Funny, YES.
    Rude, YES.
    Something I would never do!
    Am I going to slam the poster of this comment, NO.
    In my opinionit doesn't reflect positively on us as a group.

No, I didn't vote in your poll.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

This is in response to a post that is one of the two already existing "citizens questioning us" threads. It didn't need its own thread.

Funny and makes the point. But rude and a terrible waste of an opportunity to educate the public and bridge the gap that has us fielding that question to begin with.

Post imported post

I wouldn't say it........ it is funny.

If I have been through what Mr. Marchiafava has, I might have a 'short fuse' on the subject myself.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Funny as a joke, not funny as an actual incident...

I have been known to have an offbeat sense of humor, but that was definitely a screwed up opportunity to turn a potentially negative situation into a positive, educational situation. If you are going to choose to carry a weapon concealed, you had better be prepared to educate the public when asked about it...

Most of us live and/or grew up in a part of society where firearms are acceptable and treated with respect and responsibility. Many people do not have that benefit. Many people are also "closet" gun peoplefor a variety of reasons.Some people also pick up firearms for the wrong reasons (look cool, act cool, various criminal acts) and that is what sticks in people's minds. We need to work on re-educating the people that are on the fence. We will not have much luck swinging hard-core antis, but the huge chunk in the middle can be educated.

OCers are a vast minority, and as shown by many threads here, the general public (andsometimes the police) do not understand many of the laws that allow or at least do not restrict, the right to openly carry.

Rudeness only goes to enforce the stereotype that we areall jsut a bunch of gun-nuts.

That soccer mom now has one more piece of evidence in her brain (along with all the news clips, movie scenes, and brady propaganda) that tells her guns are bad. We need to show people the true nature of our gun culture: the responsibility, the respect, the fun parts of the shooting sports, but most of all the politeness.

One last tip (one that I will be following myself soon): Carry a pamphlet of local laws to hand out to the curious. Like it or not, as an OCer, you are a political statement. Do not waste that opportunity or give it over to the antis as more propoganda.

Post imported post

No need to be a jerk. It's not like we're cops.

Post imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
    I like how the analogy compares cops to prostitutes! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Otherwise, it's a rude/obscene way of answering someone... I wouldn't talk to a lady like that, no matter how rude or ignorant she may be.
    Right on the money! Even though I wouldn't be likely use the original example due to how rude it was/is/could be, I could see some situations where it would be more than appropriate.

Post imported post

molonlabetn wrote:
    I love vaginas and guns... But guns are cheaper.

I'm simply being responsible with my money
    I spent almost all my money on guns, women, and beer. The rest I just wasted.

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    No need to be a jerk. It's not like we're cops.
    LOL you just said your not a LEO,so why be an ******* like one?

(yes I know,old thread,shut up,lol,and I loved your response.)

Post imported post

dunno where the story came from, but it's a rehash of an old urban legend story about an army general & NPR news corrispondant that, like-wise, is made up.

Post imported post

Ok I don't get it. Many of you are bashing leos because there are some bad ones. This is the same logic that those sheeple use to lump all of us oc'ers to being gun nuts and trigger happy. The fact is that there are idgets in any circle. Take a look at our fine bunch. We have people like the OP of this alleged statement. I say alleged because he "says" he said it. I highly doubt he has the marbles to do so and is nothing more than a bigoted troll. As a future Leo I am offended (Bring on the flame). If we are to gain any ground we need to educate not only the sheeple, we need to educate the government including police officers. Being a future leo I take my knowledge of the laws and educate those I come in contact with in my furthering education (see my post on my presentation).

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    If you doubt the veracity of my statement, come walk with me for a few days.

Future LEO? Why would ANYone want to voluntarily join the ranks of THAT bunch?

Wouldn't you rather have a job where violating others is NOT part of your employment? Anyone who (today) wants to be an LEO would arouse my curiosity.

I've learned educating the sheeple is a waste of time. Let me share with you the words of the late, great Nathan Earl Miller.

"Take 'em off the streets, give 'em books, try and try and try to teach 'em how to read, they use the pages for toilet paper." OH, how true. Educating the "Insert any group or race" is even more futile. Those people have to be, without a doubt, the largest group of closedminded folks ever assembled under one roof. They REFUSE to be taugt. It's not in their makeup to learn, especially from us "peons."

I rest my case.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Anyone who (today) wants to be an LEO would arouse my curiosity.

We wouldn't want you tobe arousedby LEO bashing nowwould we.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Wow you really showed her!! Im sure if it were a 6'6" 300lbs. man asking the same question, your response would have been just as stupid...right? Your obviously a couple morepolice academy flunkies. Then again, any "man"who "supposedly" spoke to a woman insuch amanner, probably would'nt make it through the application process. But at least you had the opportunity to speak to a woman....without the use of a credit card!!

People like you are the reason folks are so uneasy about open carrying. Irresponsible andthoughtless behavior! I'd like to hearpart 2of that story (which is fictional Im sure) Where the ladys husband kicks the @#$%! out of you and shoves that .357 upyour@#$. Permanent conseal carry!! Grow up!!

Post imported post

Hey bcop35, turn up the motor on your boat, you're trolling.

State Researcher

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Every once in a while, while you are out OCing, minding your own business, a regular ole citizen (i.e., sheeple) will not comprehend why a law-abiding citizen would be carrying a gun :shock:and will ask the dumb question: Are you a police officer?

As if that is the only reason why anyone would carry a gun :shock:.

How to handle thedumb questionis a personal matter and everyone figures out their manner of replying.

One our bretheren recently responded thusly:

A very, obviously nervous soccer mom was standing in line behind me, fixated on my 357. When I noticed her looking, she finally asked "THE QUESTION." "Are you a police officer?" When I answered to the negative, she commented, "well, since you have a gun, I just thought you were one." So I turned the tables on her. "Ma'am, do you have a vagina?" Now that rattled her even more, rendering her speechless. " I figure since you do, then you must be a prostitute." I've never seen anyone drop their items and leave a store that quickly.

Is This a good response to the woman's question?

**** You may select as many choices in this poll as you wish.****

I don't believe you truly said this... it is funny to read, but I just can't even see you saying this Hank, but if you did good for you.

State Researcher

Post imported post

bcop35 wrote:
    Wow you really showed her!! Im sure if it were a 6'6" 300lbs. man asking the same question, your response would have been just as stupid...right? Your obviously a couple morepolice academy flunkies. Then again, any "man"who "supposedly" spoke to a woman insuch amanner, probably would'nt make it through the application process. But at least you had the opportunity to speak to a woman....without the use of a credit card!!

People like you are the reason folks are so uneasy about open carrying. Irresponsible andthoughtless behavior! I'd like to hearpart 2of that story (which is fictional Im sure) Where the ladys husband kicks the @#$%! out of you and shoves that .357 upyour@#$. Permanent conseal carry!! Grow up!!
    You are right, a real cop would have waited until after he was married or at least had brain washed his girl friend to beat the crap out of a woman and talk down to her.

Thank you for making us aware!

Post imported post

Ouch... lotta rage, there, Ryan... ;-/

Also, slightly premature congrats on 1,000 posts.

-ljp

State Researcher

Post imported post

First off, thank you for the congrats. Hank said he was going to make me a 1000 post cake, I am looking forward to it, I hope it is checkerboard with buttercream frosting...

Secondly, I did not ready beyond the OP and a couple others I scanned over at first glance, apparantly the other gentleman said that.

I don't think it is necessarily horrible that someone would say this to another individual. First off it really was none of the womans business to go beyond are you a police officer. Secondly, I do not understand why people would ask someone if they are a cop, only if they are going to get freaked out if they aren't. If I was in that situation with that mind set, I would keep quiet and leave asap if I had any doubt. I certainly would not start probing the person for information.

Post imported post

I was commenting about the cop beating the crap out of his old lady remark... I don't take the OP very seriously, even if it went down as described. I've been asked if I was a cop, and then gotten more-or-less nervous looks when I said no. Never any snide remarks from me though. I figure most people who need to ask are already somewhat uncomfortable at the thought of non-LEOs packing openly. I don't care enough to stop doing it, but neither do I want to make the situation yet more awkward either. Let them see me not killing people (not without justification, anyway) and get acclimated to the idea.

-ljp

State Researcher

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    I was commenting about the cop beating the crap out of his old lady remark... I don't take the OP very seriously, even if it went down as described. I've been asked if I was a cop, and then gotten more-or-less nervous looks when I said no. Never any snide remarks from me though. I figure most people who need to ask are already somewhat uncomfortable at the thought of non-LEOs packing openly. I don't care enough to stop doing it, but neither do I want to make the situation yet more awkward either. Let them see me not killing people (not without justification, anyway) and get acclimated to the idea.

-ljp
    Yes, I have received the same questions from individuals, usually followed up by a "Whoa! - I didn't know that was legal!" Sometimes I will take the time to chat for a bit if I'm not in a rush.

What do you mean the people who "Need to ask"? People who just can't keep quiet, or people who are enforcing the regulations of a business say a walmart or something like that?

And I agree, I don't think anyone should care enough to stop doing it.

Post imported post

Congratumalations to openryan!

I even had it inscribed for you. It says:

Happy happy day for honorable Amerikan gun man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast